Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you HATE tapes and glues...(photo)
12-16-2009, 08:22 AM,
Re: If you HATE tapes and glues...(photo)
Jay Wrote:very interesting topic. i have a couple of questions though.

1. what i would like to know is, do i have enough time to adjust the piece into the right position once i have located it on my scalp with that g2b glue on it?
2. also, does it really hold as strong as any other tape or glue (at least for the first 24 hours) or do we have to fear any stong winds and whatnot?
3. would you say it is a good product to get started with? i am planning to start wearing very soon. it will be my first piece.

thanks, jay

Jay,

1. Yes, you will have time to adjust it once the piece is on your scalp. Because G2BG is hard only when it dries, you will have plenty of time to adjust. I can confidently say you will have a lot more time for adjustment than if you were using glues and tapes. G2BG is hair gel, so like any hair gel it doesn't get hard until it sets in. Remember not to be stingy on the G2BG on your head, put a thick enough layer so that the lace will touch it.

2. Yes the hold is strong (at least for me and many others on here). Believe me, when I grip the hair and pull, nothing is moving. Even tornadoes will be no problem :lol: . The difference with G2BG and glues/tapes is that G2BG is more sensitive to being soaked in water (as in, swimming). Light rain shouldn't be a problem. But to be safe stay out of soaking (shower type) rain for a long period of time.

3. I would DEFINITELY say it's a good product to start with. As a beginner the hardest part (and most discouraging) was trying to put the piece on correctly, and cleaning it thoroughly. With glues and tapes being so sticky, one wrong or misaligned edge could be really discouraging. A trick is to use 90% alcohol to spray on the glue/tape to give you a couple of minutes to adjust, but even if you get the attachment right, there's still the problem of cleaning up the residue after the tape/glue wears off. With G2BG you are eliminating all these factors and focusing on what matters most: getting the piece on your head just the way you want it. If you mess up with G2BG, just shampoo and start over. No residue, no stickiness, no alcohol, no hair being stuck on tapes/glues. Again, the only thing you're focusing on is getting good at judging where the piece goes on your head, styling it, and leaving the house. There will be stress during the initial stages of wearing. But by using G2BG, I can confidently say that these stresses will be drastically reduced (or eliminated) because the process isn't messy.

Once you get good at putting your piece on, and once you've established that confidence in wearing your piece, you can then look towards other methods of attachment. I've been wearing for about 5 years... I've used various tapes, glues, etc., I would have to say that right now I'm very happy about wearing. This was the missing piece that makes my hair wearing experience 99.9% pleasant. When I was informed about G2BG and used it, I wished I had known about this product years ago. That's why I'm enthusiastically sharing this with you guys (especially those who are new to wearing).

Leamon

Messages In This Thread
Re: If you HATE tapes and glues... - dino - 12-14-2009, 10:41 AM
Re: If you HATE tapes and glues...(photo) - leamon - 12-16-2009, 08:22 AM