Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you HATE tapes and glues...(photo)
12-14-2009, 11:45 AM,
Re: If you HATE tapes and glues...
Dino,

I only use the G2B Glued spiking glue. That's it. My piece is not a full cap, but it's pretty big (it was a stock piece) so the edges on the side and back go over my existing hair. I didn't bother to trim it down. My piece is a lace.

I get a good hold because perhaps I apply G2BG on the entire scalp, not just the perimeter. Also, unlike glues, I put the G2BG on generously. Take about 3 sheets of printing paper, that's about the thickness of G2BG that I apply. The reason is that the lace needs to be pushed so that the G2BG gets in all the groves of the lace. Don't tug or do anything...when it dries it's on HARD.

Right now I'm tugging on the center of my head...nothing is moving. I attached yesterday morning too (it's evening right now). I can guess why edges might be a problem b/c when we use glues and tapes, we like to go thin. Perhaps you should try a little thicker application of G2BG around the edges, and apply beyond the hairline of the edges (you can always wipe it off). Also, if you're really concerned, then maybe style it differently so you don't see too much hairline.

When I do comb down styles, I put on gel/wax/leave-in-conditioner on the top of my piece, then comb it down for a kind of "wet look". That why it doesn't look wiggy and my scalp gets to show. If you comb your hair down, I find showing scalp makes it look realistic. I can post pictures if you like.

Give it another try, maybe it's worth it!

Leamon

Messages In This Thread
Re: If you HATE tapes and glues... - dino - 12-14-2009, 10:41 AM
Re: If you HATE tapes and glues... - leamon - 12-14-2009, 11:45 AM