Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you HATE tapes and glues...(photo)
12-25-2009, 04:48 AM,
Re: If you HATE tapes and glues...(photo)
I couldnt get it to work. I have a full cap and I used on the hairline of the nape of my neck and up around to my ears. I smeared some on my skin and also some on the lace base. Pressed it lightly but it seaped right through on to my hair. that was annoying. And then the stuff just wouldnt dry. I even tried a blow dryer through the hair.
12-25-2009, 09:18 AM,
maybe someone who is successfully using this method can tell us a bit more about the timing of the attachment? like after you apply the glue on the scalp, how long do you wait before you put the hairpiece on your head? after you put the piece on your head, how long do you apply pressure to the piece (with a towell or so)? after this is done, how long does it take until it completely dries and you are ready to go? these details might be useful to know.

thanks a lot, and merry christmas everyone!

jay
12-25-2009, 09:53 AM,
G2BG washes off in water (like under a shower). If you shampoo it, it comes off even quicker.

There were questions about the timing and attachment methods. My only advice is: EXPERIMENT WHAT WORKS FOR YOU. Since G2BG washes off and cleans up easily, there's no pressure so DO experiment. If it doesn't dry as quick as you like then put less of it on your scalp. If it doesn't stick as much as you like, then put more of it on your scalp but wait longer before you put the hair piece on.

What works for me is:

1) After my scalp is completely dry, I put a layer of G2BG on my scalp. I don't put too thick of a layer...I put enough to cover the scalp (so about 3 sheets of printing paper in thickness). If you want it to dry quicker then put a thinner layer on.

2) I then brush my teeth, put on my clothes. This takes about 6 minutes.

3) My piece was squeezed between a towel, so by the time I've brushed and put on clothes, the lace is pretty dry. If it's not, then I blow dry it (it's recommended we don't blow dry our pieces, but I've done it on HOT and my piece is fine).

4) Then I put the piece on my head. Press down where I want the lace to stick. Don't comb right away. Give time for the G2BG to dry. I usually blow dry the rest of my hair to dry my hair and to dry the glue. While I do this step, I don't comb the hair where it'll cause lifting. REMEMBER YOU GOTTA GIVE G2BG TIME TO DRY.

5) Once it's dried, I can style.

I don't recommend applying g2bg directly on the lace. It'll get in the hair (which would still be easy to clean out), and it won't spread on the lace easily. Just apply to scalp.

Don't put globs of it on. A thin layer should suffice. Give it time to dry (without the piece on AND with the piece on).

Good luck!

Leamon
12-26-2009, 01:23 PM,
thanks, will have another go at it...
12-27-2009, 06:34 AM,
"maybe someone who is successfully using this method can tell us a bit more about the timing of the attachment?:"

Honestly, it is subjective. But it depends what got2b product you are using as well. If you are using the freeze spray, you have to put on the unit very fast cause it drys very fast, and once it dries it loses tackiness.

I use the spiking glue. That too is subjective. Some put it on right away, and let it dry while the unit is on. Others wait a few mins. To me You cant let it dry too much before putting on the unit, because once the stuff drys completely it has no tack.. Its not like regular glue. I pretty much put it on my head, myabe wait a min or two than attach, and let the glue dry while the unit i s on.
12-27-2009, 10:06 PM,
I have found that the longer you let the spiking glue dry the less of the stuff gets into your hair through the lace. But, yea you cant let it dry totally or it wont stick at all. My hairline always lifts after about 8 hours of wearing since attachment. Everywhere else is solid. My guess would be that its just oiler at the hairline breaking the bond down quicker. I am definitely going to try white glue at the hairline and got2b everywhere else tomorrow. Ill let you know how it works out for me.
12-29-2009, 04:42 AM,
i think this is a risky option I will probly only use it for temporary purpose (day off at home and go out for lunch only, etc)

anyway, i just bought this product and will give it a try soon
12-31-2009, 06:35 AM,
When I attach my entire base with got2b spiking glue on my skin unit, It def is not a risky operation. I wore my last one for four days straight and it was on very tight. Was even hard to get off my head when i wanted to. The base attachment with got2b glued is pretty much fine for me. It holds well. The front hairline I just use a lil white glue at the front center, and for the very sides/temples of the hairline where it meets my own hair, I use got2b there as well.
12-31-2009, 02:43 PM,
With a full cap like I have, it seems to work fine on the front hairline but not so good on the temples and not good at all in the nape area where you bend the head. But it could be useful as a touchup glue for the front hairline. Anubi, I am curious if you get the same results as me with you full cap.
12-31-2009, 07:40 PM,
dino Wrote:With a full cap like I have, it seems to work fine on the front hairline but not so good on the temples and not good at all in the nape area where you bend the head. But it could be useful as a touchup glue for the front hairline. Anubi, I am curious if you get the same results as me with you full cap.

Yeah. same. It does a great job as a glue that washes off easily with shampoo. I love that part and if you do it properly it can do a great job with a front hairline with lace base and around the sides but the nape area is a no go, the skin in that area flexes too much to get it right easily.