Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you HATE tapes and glues...(photo)
12-15-2009, 12:14 PM,
Re: If you HATE tapes and glues...(photo)
balamouti Wrote:wow,
I just bought the got2b glued product.
Since I'm a mad scientist. . . i have a small piece of SFS with hair 2'' x 2''.
I placed it on my thigh applying a generous layer of the stuff.
I can't believe it's tackiness. I understand how a full scalp bond could actually work with this.
It is sensitive to water though.
To remove excess product in front of the lace just use cloth with water and rub it out and voila . . .nice hairline!

Thanks for the pointers guyz.
This forum rox.

Balamouti, this thread was created with guys like you in mind. I'm glad you like the product! Let us know how many days you get okay? :lol:

Leamon
12-15-2009, 12:39 PM,
I don't know if I got a bad batch or something, but I couldn't get a full 24 hours when I tried it. I used plenty of the stuff, and I did the whole area instead of just perimeter. Even when I put a glob of it on my hand, it never got very tacky. I'll try again over the holidays when I have time.
12-15-2009, 12:48 PM,
ha,
So, since i've never worn before, I still have hair on top (thinning/balding).
I do have a custom piece that I'm just not ready to wear yet. But, I plastered the product on my thinning top and hairline.
Slapped the piece on top of my head (kinda sloppy). The hold is good, I have styled it with my hands.
By mistake I got some of the got2bglued on the unit hair and it is stiff (oops).
I'll try to add water and brush it out maybe. I hope that works.
For those who are not ready to shave their top, this could work great :-).
12-15-2009, 08:41 PM,
very interesting topic. i have a couple of questions though.

1. what i would like to know is, do i have enough time to adjust the piece into the right position once i have located it on my scalp with that g2b glue on it?
2. also, does it really hold as strong as any other tape or glue (at least for the first 24 hours) or do we have to fear any stong winds and whatnot?
3. would you say it is a good product to get started with? i am planning to start wearing very soon. it will be my first piece.

thanks, jay
12-16-2009, 04:57 AM,
first, i think cleaning up super tape isn't all that difficult. i used to take 1+ hours just to clean my system when I first started, it only take 5 minutes now... its all about improving your skills.

anyway, since this product is quite cheap i might give it a go as well. i am always looking for 100% natural hairline so I can consider using this for the hairline only... if this really work Wink
12-16-2009, 08:22 AM,
Jay Wrote:very interesting topic. i have a couple of questions though.

1. what i would like to know is, do i have enough time to adjust the piece into the right position once i have located it on my scalp with that g2b glue on it?
2. also, does it really hold as strong as any other tape or glue (at least for the first 24 hours) or do we have to fear any stong winds and whatnot?
3. would you say it is a good product to get started with? i am planning to start wearing very soon. it will be my first piece.

thanks, jay

Jay,

1. Yes, you will have time to adjust it once the piece is on your scalp. Because G2BG is hard only when it dries, you will have plenty of time to adjust. I can confidently say you will have a lot more time for adjustment than if you were using glues and tapes. G2BG is hair gel, so like any hair gel it doesn't get hard until it sets in. Remember not to be stingy on the G2BG on your head, put a thick enough layer so that the lace will touch it.

2. Yes the hold is strong (at least for me and many others on here). Believe me, when I grip the hair and pull, nothing is moving. Even tornadoes will be no problem :lol: . The difference with G2BG and glues/tapes is that G2BG is more sensitive to being soaked in water (as in, swimming). Light rain shouldn't be a problem. But to be safe stay out of soaking (shower type) rain for a long period of time.

3. I would DEFINITELY say it's a good product to start with. As a beginner the hardest part (and most discouraging) was trying to put the piece on correctly, and cleaning it thoroughly. With glues and tapes being so sticky, one wrong or misaligned edge could be really discouraging. A trick is to use 90% alcohol to spray on the glue/tape to give you a couple of minutes to adjust, but even if you get the attachment right, there's still the problem of cleaning up the residue after the tape/glue wears off. With G2BG you are eliminating all these factors and focusing on what matters most: getting the piece on your head just the way you want it. If you mess up with G2BG, just shampoo and start over. No residue, no stickiness, no alcohol, no hair being stuck on tapes/glues. Again, the only thing you're focusing on is getting good at judging where the piece goes on your head, styling it, and leaving the house. There will be stress during the initial stages of wearing. But by using G2BG, I can confidently say that these stresses will be drastically reduced (or eliminated) because the process isn't messy.

Once you get good at putting your piece on, and once you've established that confidence in wearing your piece, you can then look towards other methods of attachment. I've been wearing for about 5 years... I've used various tapes, glues, etc., I would have to say that right now I'm very happy about wearing. This was the missing piece that makes my hair wearing experience 99.9% pleasant. When I was informed about G2BG and used it, I wished I had known about this product years ago. That's why I'm enthusiastically sharing this with you guys (especially those who are new to wearing).

Leamon
12-18-2009, 03:46 AM,
thanks leamon

looking forward to it. i will definitely give it a try!
12-18-2009, 06:44 AM,
Just to make sure we are all on the same page. What go2bglued product are we specifically talking about here. The thread creator said got2b spiking gel. They have spiking gel, They also have spiking glue, and spiking cement. . I have been using the spiking glue. It looks like glue, it is white. IS that what we are talking about here?

I like got2b for attaching my base. The front hairline however seems to lift, do not really like it on the hairline. Anyone have any tips for getting a sturdy attachment with got2b on the hairline?

regards
12-18-2009, 07:06 AM,
Sorry for the confusion. The one I have is the spiking glue.

Leamon
12-18-2009, 10:21 AM,
Can someone please post a picture of the EXACT product so I know what to look for.