Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basebond question
02-02-2010, 05:53 PM,
Basebond question
Hi guys; I'm a newbie who is awaiting his first piece and I've been busy buying all the supplies I'm going to need; for glue, I've bought the Ultra Hold and the Safe Grip from Debbie's site, but I did not get the basebond that everyone seems to be talking about (like in this post: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.toplace.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1480&start=20">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1480&start=20</a><!-- l -->). Is that a glue that is preferred over the other two? Is it only for certain contexts? Thanks for any help.

-Krispin
02-09-2010, 05:30 AM,
Re: Basebond question
Hi Krispin. Saw this post a few days ago --obviously no -one has posted a reply to it. Some of the terms / expressions used in some of the posts can be confusing and all the more if you are in different countries as people have kind of `` slang /local`` terms for what they mean [personally I still am not sure what `` Bangs`` are, as it`s not an expression I ever hear in Ireland where I live.] Anyway, don`t worry about those things -- u ordered a lace system I assume? Is it all lace ? My own system has a polyurethane perimeter running around from temple to temple to the rear, and the front is just lace. I use some tape on the polyurethane and on the front just use adhesive. In your case, as you are [ I assume] totally new to hair -wearing, just use the products you ordered and see how you get on with those -- if you find, with time, maybe adhesion is not strong enough /lasts as long as you would like or maybe is too strong you could then post a question naming the products you used and any particular `` problems`` you experienced ---- everyone is different and what works for one may not be best for another. I personally like to de -bond the unit daily for cleaning my head and I don`t sleep with the unit on my head either -- so I just use a little tape in 3 places and a very light bond of adhesive at the front. You may have a different need. I think the trick for your first time bonding it --use the adhesive sparingly and see how you get on . I find most adhesives quite strong so you need have no fears that if you walk down a street on a windy day that the unit will take off from your head Big Grin --- you would feel if the bond was weakening ---- I find there is no real need to put on loads of adhesives daily --it`s time -consuming to clean up. I haven`t worn an all -lace unit but I imagine you would need a bit more adhesive all around the perimeter [2 coats ] than just the little bit that I put on my forehead, especially if you are going to wear it for a few days before de -bonding it.
I hope that is of some help -- I`m sure you`ll manage just fine and find your own way that suits you best --- we were all the same starting out ! Paul.