Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hot weather
05-04-2012, 09:34 AM,
hot weather
Hi guys! I am wondering how are you dealing with hot weather...right now in my country are 32 degrees celsius....well it's not really good...I am currently wearing a small partial and the mess that was created and the constantly thinking about the possibility to fall just drives me crazy...I can practically peel off the partial if I want after 3 days spent in hot days...I am using blue lace...how are you dealing with the hot weather?
05-04-2012, 11:52 AM,
RE: hot weather
I've heard alot of people saying blue lace is messy.. regardless of temp.. have you tried any other tapes? im currently using walkers no-shine. Not sure how it would work in very hot conditions.. tried glue?
05-04-2012, 01:46 PM,
I use stick it tape with orwg for the front. I get a 1 week attachment in hot weather.
05-04-2012, 07:35 PM,
right now I switched to walker no shine, and I will see...I have tried safe grip...weak bond and messy.
05-05-2012, 05:23 AM,
youll have to db rebond more frequent in hotter weather, everyones body chemistrys diffrent,
just pray for winter,
antySmile
05-05-2012, 05:26 AM,
Proflex Tape (called Extenda-bond in some countries) is excellent for hold and doesn't break down like the usual popular tapes. I would be lost without it.
05-05-2012, 11:36 AM,
walker no shine was easy to peel off after 1 day of wearing...I am going to try some different tapes, if none of them will give me the results I want I will quit the idea of wearing. there's no point of being afraid that the bond could loose when you don't expect it.it looks like I am sweating too much for keeping the bond strong.
05-05-2012, 07:43 PM,
Have you an oily scalp too? That combined with high temperatures can be problematic. Blue liner tape is extremely strong and can be used by people who swim---downside is clean-up can be messy. I think Debbie recommends attaching Sensi-tac [Red rolls of tape] to the system, and then laying blue liner onto that...so the blue liner is in contact with the scalp and the Red tape provides a `barrier` thus preventing any of the `goo` getting into / onto the lace. I`d either try that, or a mix of Proflex tape sugested by Hairenough above, and Oil Resistant White Glue. O.R.W.G. doesn`t withstand extremes of cold such as in the cargo hold of an aircraft, so if you can source it `locally` [within your country] all the better, otherwise ask for it to be properly wrapped to insulate agianst the cold before shipping. I wouldn`t give up on wearing just yet, but it`s obviously frustrating and you`re `conscious`all the time now.