Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Full Cap Mohawk *with Pics*
12-27-2009, 09:11 AM,
Full Cap Mohawk *with Pics*
Finally got around to taking some pictures of my new full cap mohawk for my blog!

This is an old full cap that was almost unwearable due to fraying in the sideburn area. The hair was still in excellent condition so I decided to take several of my friend's advice and try out a mohawk for an everyday unit.

I'm pretty happy with it overall. I have gotten several compliments so far. (my nieces are fascinated with it!) I have two more that I am going to cut down the same way and I plan on doing some experimenting with the shape of the base and the cut to see what looks best.

Here are some pics-

[Image: IMGP4684.JPG]

[Image: IMGP4679.JPG]

[Image: IMGP4678.JPG]

[Image: IMGP4674.JPG]

[Image: IMGP4673.JPG]

[Image: IMGP4672.JPG]
12-27-2009, 10:02 AM,
Re: Full Cap Mohawk *with Pics*
Nice job JRob!
12-27-2009, 12:23 PM,
Wow! Looks great!

Actually, from that pic, you can tell that you'd look just fine without hair as well! You've got lots of options! Good job!
12-27-2009, 12:48 PM,
I`m nearly speechless, as I know you in person. I`ve seen you with & without hair but this is BEST OF BOTH WORLDS.

Have you been inspired by the mascot that is shown on the beercan* I gave you in may ?

* <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.beer-kozel.cz">http://www.beer-kozel.cz</a><!-- m -->

Great job, Rob.

Carsten
12-27-2009, 02:31 PM,
Total show off!!!!!!!

Looks awesome, and great on you, should just roll with it full time.
12-30-2009, 03:16 PM,
I have to give credit to James Kennedy for the inspiration to try it in the first place Big Grin

Yes, it's a daily wearer. I will probably eventually go back to a regular full cap, but honestly, I have two more full caps that I am going to do the same thing with. These units are between 7 months and 1 year old, and if the base were not disintegrating in the sideburn areas they would be just as useable today as when they were one month old. Now that I know how to keep the hair from getting brittle and falling out the new problem is dealing with the inevitable; the swiss lace base falling apart over time.

I talked to Betsy tonight and I'm looking forward to trying a couple more variations with the remaining two units.

Carsten-

I'm getting thirsty for another one of those beers Wink Might have to head back over your way one of these days. We have some great beer here in the states these days with the micro-brewery movement, but nothing compares to Belgian/German/Austrian/Czech beers. Mmmmmm.....
12-31-2009, 03:55 AM,
Mohawk aside -- and it looks great -- you bear a familial resemblance to Bono, especially the eyes.

Can you carry a tune?

[Image: BonoNoGlassesAP_468x304.jpg]
12-31-2009, 09:19 AM,
Invaluable pics JRob, especially pics of the back.
10-10-2011, 01:18 PM,
RE: Full Cap Mohawk *with Pics*
Hi JRob, this look is fantastic!!!!

What's base system has been used? Is all freestyle?

^________________^
10-11-2011, 07:03 PM,
RE: Full Cap Mohawk *with Pics*
(10-10-2011, 01:18 PM)Landon Wrote: Hi JRob, this look is fantastic!!!!

What's base system has been used? Is all freestyle?

^________________^

Thanks!

That was a french lace full cap with a swiss lace hairline that I cut down into a mohawk after the lace had frayed in the sideburn area where it meets the ear (that's why you should always order reinforcment in that area of a full cap!)

All of my units are forward ventilation. A little styling product and it's no problem to spike it up.