Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You guys are my celebrities
08-13-2008, 03:23 PM,
Re: You guys are my celebrities
As I newbie, I can't really imagine how MB get's that really short hair style with a perfect seam all around. Basically that's like having an exposed front hairline all around. My guess is practice, practice, practice.

I don't think that I'll ever want to practice quite that much, though.

I've taken to using copious amounts of gel to discourage prying fingers and exposed seams. I also use Dermmatch to touch up seams if they are not quite right.

If you get the unit aligned just right with glue, seams tend not to be very noticeable to me.

More of an issue for me are blending lines. That's not as much of an issue if you use gel to make your hair messy on top and you don't need a very large hairpiece. On my last cut-in, I mentioned that I was using Dermmatch to cover up little bare spots, so my stylists cut the unit hair longer in order to cover up the barer spots, but on that unit then there's a much more noticeable line where the texture of my hair doesn't perfectly match the texture of the hairpiece hair, so I went back to wearing another unit, and will have that unit tweaked next time.

If anyone has suggestions on how to minimize texture difference lines when you have the hairpiece hair go farther down the side of your head, I'm all ears. (I know about thinning shears, etc. My stylist does that, so I'm not sure that there's more to be done in that regard, though I will query her next time, or maybe shoot her an email.)

- Darius

Messages In This Thread
You guys are my celebrities - leamon - 08-12-2008, 07:33 AM
Re: You guys are my celebrities - Darius - 08-13-2008, 03:23 PM
Re: You guys are my celebrities - Sester - 08-14-2008, 10:43 AM
Re: You guys are my celebrities - thecount - 08-16-2008, 03:03 AM
Re: You guys are my celebrities - leamon - 08-17-2008, 02:15 AM
Re: You guys are my celebrities - reubin - 08-19-2008, 11:52 AM
Re: You guys are my celebrities - leamon - 08-24-2008, 03:31 AM