Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Down under struggling up top
08-20-2008, 01:26 AM,
Down under struggling up top
Hey im a melbourne lad aged 20, heading towards norwood 6 due to photos of my fathers side (dad and grandad norwood 6s by 21) my mums side are all thick hairs until the end so I guess the genetic coin landed on the wrong side. I see a lot of people balding and they seem to follow the Norwood scale i would say at the moment I am between a 1 and 2 but have terrible thinning on top and sides, as if someone has given me 500 hairs to cover that whole area evenly. My reason for coming on here is i know that the big 3(minox,niz,rogaine) are probably keeping my hairline in tact but the effects of these will wear off soon so I think as a young person I would like to have hair fake or not.
Im off to europe for about 4 months and was thinking this might be the perfect transition to start wearing a sytem when I come back, I was told Brent Guerra is wearing a system and to me it looks great. Im very lucky that I can get away with a buzz #1cut, as i've been told i look better shaved but that's only with my hairline intact. I think due to my largeish forehead(7cm) the further down the norwood scale the further down my looks will go unfortunately. I dont have a really big problem about balding but I have seen how bald people, especially those in their 20s are percieved and it's not cool.
As im extremely new to the whole system thing i was really hoping for a little bit of help, such as if full caps are possible to pull off, and how short a system can be before it is detectable. Im in a sharehouse with 3 others who are 'dickheads' in the nicest sense of the word, but i live not far from my parents so the question is could 2 hours maintanence a week be enough, i.e taking it off and cleaning. I have a heap more questions and am really stressed about losing my hair as for some reason unlinke my parents who have great olive skin i'm fairly pale, but I dont want to force you guys to read too much but thanks for taking the time.
My overall feeling on societys negativity towards wigs is difficult to understand, there is nowhere near as much negativity towards fake tits, or nose jobs etc so why is fake hair so badly recieved.
Regards Phil
08-20-2008, 11:15 AM,
Re: Down under struggling up top
Yes I'm losing my hair and I'm 23, I hate it, I'm just not the same person without my hair, everyone ignores me fuck I hate It I don't even go to the gym why have muscles if you got no hair. Sad :cry:
08-20-2008, 11:52 AM,
phillips, I understand your situation, i started losing my hair at 17/18, losing it young is probably the hardest. In all honesty you would probably need to do more than 2 hours a week, i guess it also depends on how long your bond lasts. My system only stays attached a couple days at a time so i spend many hours a week attaching removing etc. I would suggesst you buy MBs video, that explains a lot and i have found it very useful as a newbie myself. Also do searches on the old forum, it has a wealth of information.
08-21-2008, 11:14 AM,
Hi Phillips, I'm in Adelaide and I was facing the same situation in Melbourne at your age but then there were not the options that are avialable now. Stay away from the salons over there. Buy online and have complete control over how your hair looks. Full caps are amazing and quite easy to master though I prefer a longer style so can't comment on short ones.
08-21-2008, 04:24 PM,
cutler365 Wrote:Yes I'm losing my hair and I'm 23, I hate it, I'm just not the same person without my hair, everyone ignores me fuck I hate It I don't even go to the gym why have muscles if you got no hair. Sad :cry:

I feel your pain....I was losing my hair in my teens.

But don't give up. DO hit the gym and shave your head if you aren't ready to try a piece. Plenty of women dig that look. I know I was 10x more confident once I shaved it all off, and when I put on some muscle my confidence went through the roof.

Also, don't think that losing your hair is the end of the world. I had some very attractive girlfriends through my various stages of hairloss. Matter of fact, I'm almost 37 now, and I'm seeing a pretty little 22 yr old who knows i wear. Last night I showed her pics of me without hair (at her request) and she was going gaga over the shaved look.
08-21-2008, 09:43 PM,
Hey Phil

im based In Sydney myself. Im 25 starting losing my hair at about 18 but by the time I was 20 I was at the stage where I really had no choice had to do something about it I was starting to scare all the girls away lol. I went with a hair piece on my 21st bday (kinda a present for myself) and the best danm thing I've ever done to be honest.
I went to Advance Hair sure you've heard there gay ads "Yeah Yeah" lol well it was expensive as HELL! they totally sucker you in playing on how bad its going to get and how much you'll age blah blah and in the end I got slugged with a masiive bill ($2500) for my first system. Once I had it though I loved it and although I was freaked that my mates would noticed it actually worked out great coz I took 6weeks holidays and came back with hair and just told everyone i was using some lotions and potions and wolah! lol

After using Advance hair for about 2 years and feeling like I was paying a home off I decided to hunt down my own Pieces and got the cost down to around $200-$250 a piece from $2500 each (depends where you buy from) and seriously couldnt be more happy. I sometimes fit my own system but generally I just go to either crown clinic or advance hair or any other clinic in sydney and get my fittings and hair cuts done for me. Considering they know you wont buy a piece from them there quite fine with just doing your monthly hair cut and refitting.

I would recommend using a clinic just for fittings and to show you how to maintain for atleast first 3 months just so you know how it all works and if you want then do it all on your own (tho I feel having a pro do it makes it so much more better)

theres an aussie seller online I used with my last order they were pretty quick and quality was really good and dont worry about societies opinions on wigs coz your rite tit jobs and nose jobs are worse but you dont hear ppl complaining. ive told almost everyone I know now that I wear a piece and they just laugh and really cant belive it to the point im sitting there with a bunch of people running there hands through my head!! hahaa :lol: :lol:

anyways good luck let me know if you need more info or have questions k
08-26-2008, 12:26 AM,
Thanks for the reply baldgone, much appreciated.
The more I think about it the more im leaning towards a piece, it would just in my opinion make things a little bit easier, although the hair might get harder(i am enjoying not having to style or shampoo my hair). I'm glad i've done a lot of research into this because like you I probably would've been sucked in by Advanced Hairs bullshit, and a hair transplant is out of the question because I have alot of body scars and one on the back of my head that didnt heal well at all.
You talk about clinics, do they have their own pieces or is it wise to make your own template? They also talk about sending in a sample of your own hair, with a shaved head that might be a little difficult??
If anyone knows any clinics that help with pieces in Melbourne it would be greatly appreciated... also Brent Guerra from the AFL has a 'hair system' and I think it looks fantastic, he was very bald at 21 or 22 and did something about it and i respect that, I would love to know where he went or if he did it online. You also mentioned an Australian seller, do you have anymore info on that??
And homer you said i will need to spend a lot more than 2 hours a week, if you dont mind me asking what is your current situation because after coming back from a 6 months overseas trip(leaving in 3 weeks) i'm moving in with 2 friends in an apartment so it would be fairly messy, I was hoping to leave the equipment and stuff at the parents house and make a weekly or twice weekly visit for re-modelling etc, otherwise it could be too much of a hassle.I will post some pictures of my current hairloss if anyone can explain how, and also a picture pre hair loss that I would like to mold my system on.
Thanks for reading guys.
08-26-2008, 01:08 AM,
Attempt at posting a pic

Attached Files Image(s)

08-26-2008, 01:51 AM,
[attachment=0][attachment=1][attachment=2]

Attached Files Image(s)

08-26-2008, 02:06 AM,
Last picture im posting, this is before the downfall. Picture taken October last year so you can see how quickly it's progressed. I started on the big 3 in Feb this year but I think most of the damage was already done. I have seen a lot of my older friends go bald but never this quickly. I also cant believe I used to stress over how my hair was looking, i'd give a lot back to have that hair. There is no point sulking however and I have to move on, which has brought me to you guys, the feedback already has been so helpful and I definately appreciate it, as we all have had to put up with going bald in a society that unfortunately looks down on those without hair, which really is quite pathetic.
Cheers guys. leaving in 17 days hope the hairline stays for the majority of the trip, if not who cares hey..

Attached Files Image(s)