Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New, need help.
08-20-2008, 03:03 PM,
New, need help.
Hey, sorry if this has been asked a million times..

How do I go about ordering a hair piece? what do I need to do, I'm currently on the big three and hairsoreal concealer and I just can't trust the concealer anymore, I'm 22 and my life has been basicly ruined by hairloss since I was 16 or so, some people makes jokes about hairloss but it has seriously destroyed my life and I really need help.. I just need this nightmare behind me.

Is it possible for me to do this all myself without any stylist or anything and are these things as good as they look or is this just another thing I'm going to throw more money at? I just need something to hold up at work.. getting promotion and I have to take off my hat Sad I should be happy but I have turned down promotions for that same reason all my life.
08-20-2008, 03:31 PM,
Re: New, need help.
Got a little money?

Go the the Windsor convention and you wll leave with a full head of hair and comlete know how. Cost is one plane ticket. Rewwards - priceless.

Or you can take the longer learning curve, longer approach

Get MIchigan Baldy's video (there is alink somewhere) - it shows you how to do everyhing.

The steps in a nutshell:

Make a template, take a hair sample, order on line at this site and send in the hair sample and template. I'd order 2 or 3 pieces all in one shot. Whatever you think your density is subtract 5%-10%.

Order a few different types of glues and maybe tapes. Tapes are bit more difficult to work with as a newbie.

When the pieces arrive take them to a salon that deals with this - or do it yourself - the salon can shave your head show you how to attach and do the cut in. Go back a week later and have them cut in and attach piece number 2. ONe weekend try to do the cut in and attachment on piece number 3. Immediately order 2 or 3 more pieces and change density and/or base if necessary.

If you go to the convention the wait time in learning curve will be practically nothing compared to the old fashioned way I just sketchily outlined. Once you go piece wearing a hat is not a viable option, although some do it.
08-21-2008, 10:00 PM,
Hey

I know just how you feel I started going bald in my teens and it ruined my younger years I hated it!! I got my first system when I was 21 and now im 25 and still wearing one and loving every bit of it!!.. in the years I've worn them they have improved so much and keep getting better so thats promising for you.

I actually got someone close to me to help me with the template ( i followed an online guide plenty out there) then sent it in to an online seller with my hair sample and as much info I could muster.. waited 6 weeks and it arrived..at first I was thinking shit! people are going to laugh at me but not true it looked so bloody good that even my best mate didnt know I had anything done he just thought I took some meds to get my hair to grow back it was great.

I used a professional clinic to actually fit and maintain mine so there were no mistakes..it still works out heaps cheap this way because the biggest cost is the system and if your buying online from one of the many sellers then your already saving thousands!!

if you hae any questions just ask but my advice GO FOR IT!!!...do your research and find a supplier with knowlege and who communicates well (sometimes this is a big prob with online sellers)

good luck
08-22-2008, 02:13 AM,
Here's the address for Michigan Baldies 2 DVD instrucitonal video. It's $45 in the USA and that includes shipping. There's a wealth of information on this set.
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->

Regards,
John
08-22-2008, 03:02 PM,
Thanks,

Is there much difference in size, I'm thinking of buying a used lace from someone from these forums, it is brand new he just hasn't use it,

Is there that big of a difference in size considering it just goes on the top of your head? I just have a bit of receeding temples, so I figure I can shape it to my head pretty well unless it is way to big which is impossible considering I got a pretty good size head Wink as for color, Id just dye my hair the color of the wig.

Is this a horrible idea? it would save me alot of money and time.
08-22-2008, 08:15 PM,
Hey Shawk

I'd stick away from buying someone elses lace unit especially if it isnt your size or colour to start of with. Lace units can be cut down but considering your new to this then I wouldnt recommend it as its quite a task (i've tried it before).. and if you die your hair you'll have to keep doing your roots coz they will regrow to your normal colour making it look pretty wierd.

also keep in mind that a good custom or stock lace unit will have a welded edging to the shape of the template or size specified for it, this prevents tearing on the edges of the lace so if you cut it down then you lose this feature.

I know your trying to save some cash but at the end of the day you may end up paying double if the first one goes wrong. If price is an issue just google different hairpiece sellers and see what deals you can get, maybe even email them to see if they may give a discount for your first purchase (sample / trial) its worth a shot.