Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texture vs. size
08-24-2008, 10:00 AM,
Texture vs. size
If your hairpiece hair is kept mostly to the top of the head, then I've noticed that texture differences are pretty easy to cope with, as, for example, you can just use gel to make the hair on the top of your head messy and comb it in different dirrections, etc, from your side hair. Any texture difference is pretty much hidden by the styling difference between the top hair and the side hair.

If you drape the hairpiece hair down the side of your head, however, then there can be a very noticeable line where the texture changes. This can occur even if the color match is excellent.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

I know about using thinning shears and the like to create a less distinct line, etc, but the line seems to remain.

The reason I have become concerned about this is that I have been using the former method to mask the texture difference. On my most recent cut in, I mentioned to my stylist that I had to use DermMatch, however, in oder to hide the the seams, etc. She said, "No, problem, I'll just leave the unit hair longer this time." I wasn't happy with the result, however, since when I got home, I noticed the texture line on the side of my head. Such blending lines, if you ask me, are a dead give away. It's how I always notice if someone is wearing a hairpiece. (Though I admit that there are some natural texture lines in some people's hair, where it can be hard to determine whether or not it is natural.)

So, for the time being, I can stick with the former technique. I'll have the unit that was recently cut in tweaked at my next appointment, and all will be good. I'll stick to "poncing" with the DermMatch for now.

The problem is going to be a year or two or three down the line (or maybe sooner, as I stopped using huge amounts of minoxidil as soon as I started wearing), when my side hair is not robust enough to continue along the current path, and I'll be forced to have longer unit hair.

Has anyone come up with a good solution for this problem?

I know that BA has said that he has been working on a new process that gives European texture to Indian hair. Will that be enough?
08-24-2008, 03:11 PM,
Re: Texture vs. size
It's often a density problem more than anything else.
If the hair on the unit doesn't just kinda fall into the side hair on your scalp it's often because the density on the unit is too high.
A lot of people seem to want to order hair that's really too dense to match well with what they have existing.

Smile
Fred (StealthTJ)
08-24-2008, 03:24 PM,
FredTJ Wrote:It's often a density problem more than anything else.
I don't think that that is the problem with me. Remi hair is shinier and finer than my natural hair, for instance. I can shine up my side hair with gel and hair spray, but that only works up to a point. I.e., good enough for the way I currently have my hair styled.
08-25-2008, 10:18 AM,
I agree density has a big part in it. Lower density will def be easier to blend. However another thing u can do, Is what u mentioned above.. about people who have the hair on top.. they can style the system hair in a diff direction or style it etc.. Well i do the same thing sort of but with the piece hair. u can part it sort of.. So that some of the hair is going forward. and the bottom half is going downwards.. that way ur creating ur own distinction of what should be the side hair .. hard to explain.
08-26-2008, 03:13 AM,
You might want to try the processed hair instead of Remi, BA recommended this for me. I have very fine hair, the first system I got was Remi hair and it was noticably thicker. Lately I just ask for "very fine hair" on orders and it's worked well. Even the stock systems I've gotten have been a good match, maybe BA picked them out specially for me ;-)