Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Base to Order
01-02-2010, 12:00 PM,
Which Base to Order
I'm thinking of purchasing a unit from Toplace and had a question about bases. Before the question, as background I've been wearing hair for 20 years and switched from the "clubs" to directly purchasing from Hair Direct about 4 or 5 years ago. The question about which base to order is due to some issues I have with the current units I order. I usually order a lace unit with a skin perimeter and for some reason I have varying success with the ability of the perimeter of the unit to lay flat to the scalp. Sometimes the perimeter lays flat and sometimes I get "ridges". When the unit lays flat it is very easy to attach - even red liner tape will give me a pretty good hair line. However when the unit is creating ridges, almost nothing I do gives me a good hair line (ie. I get "ridges" all along the hair line). I"m not sure why this is and especially why sometimes one unit works and another doesn't. Is there something I need to know about the bases? Thanks for the help.
01-02-2010, 02:32 PM,
Re: Which Base to Order
Hi Gab,
Just want to make sure I understand the situation.
Are you saying that some of the HD units lie correctly and other HD units do not? You're not saying that sometimes the same unit lies correctly and sometimes it doesn't--correct? That will tell if it's a unit that's made incorrectly at the factory.
Regards,
John
01-04-2010, 03:37 AM,
The first scenario - some units lie correctly and others don't. Thanks.
01-04-2010, 03:55 AM,
If only certain ones don't lie correctly and other ones do lie correctly then it sounds like it's a factory issue. The base wasn't made properly. Do you have poly around the base? If the factory doesn't have the poly applied correctly so that the base can lie flat then that sounds like the cause of the lifting.
01-05-2010, 04:02 AM,
I do have poly around the unit. Is this a common issue?
01-05-2010, 04:31 AM,
No--it's not common---at least at the factory that Toplace uses. I've seen a problem with it at the factory that we use only once. And that was with a special design that had poly 'fingers' that
extended from 3" to touch the front hairline. I had only seen that design twice before. Normally a customer orders 3/4" poly on the back and sides. We've never had a problem with this standard design. It's only when the design gets 'tricky' that this could become an issue. Did your poly go around the entire unit including the front, back and sides? Where there any 'fingers'?
01-06-2010, 06:45 AM,
Poly around the back and sides with no fingers. Also, it (whatever "it" is) has happened with multiple units. Some lie flat and others don't. I'm going to try one from Toplace and see if there is a difference.