Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread for full cap pics ONLY
01-11-2010, 10:18 PM,
Thread for full cap pics ONLY
This is mine, there are a few on here I am really impressed with, OBVIOUSLY JROB (the daddy of full caps)!!!!, iwantitback had some really good pics amoing others.
[attachment=1]
[attachment=0]

Attached Files Image(s)

01-12-2010, 10:51 AM,
Re: Thread for full cap pics ONLY
Hi there Tunners. Your full cap looks great. Do you have any photos of it in brighter light?
01-12-2010, 05:11 PM,
Tunners, that full cap suits you perfectly- it looks super good. Ive seen some of your pics when you were wearing a topper and I noticed how your thin sides limited you from many styles. How has your experience with the fullcap been so far in terms of attachment and cleanup? Would you recommend it as a first option for some guys?
01-12-2010, 11:03 PM,
Sorry for posting pics with a hat, but I wear one in public 24/7. (it also looks like I have a crazy lazy eye in the macbook photobook pic??? lol hmm) It has nothing to do with the full cap, I've been wearing hats 24/7 my whole life. My mom put a hat on me when she took me to the beach at age 6 months to keep my fair skin from burning in the sun, and it never came off.

To answer your quesions drew100 (even though they werent directed at me): I use got2bglued for attaching. cleanup is zero -- I just shower. Attachment takes about 90 seconds start to finish. When its on the hold is so tight that if someone grabbed a chunk of hair and pulled they would rip the lace before they pulled the whole unit off. Ideal attachment time is 2 days, but you can stretch to 4 with substantial touch ups. I usually need a light touchup on the nape of my neck every morning, but that takes literally 10-30 seconds. My morning pee takes longer than that. I honestly cant believe that not everyone attaches this way. Unless youre swimming there is no reason not to use Got2b. And a bottle is only like $5 at target, so its easy to try. (Although now that I think about it I bet the hold is a lot weaker with a topper because theres only 1/3 to 1/4 of the surface area holding it down. I might be pretty cautious if using with a topper as far as it accidentally getting pulled off)

As far as it being a good first option, there are obvious benefits to experimenting with a topper first. The shock of going from natural hair to a full cap is just a lot to handle. Its frustrating. And in the initial learning stages of wearing, which in all honestly is probably the first two years, its nice to be able to just throw on a baseball hat if you arent confident in your edges staying down or whatever. With a full cap you dont have that luxury to "hide" it. That being said, I think its a GREAT first option for young guys like me (19-27 range). At our age, self confidence is everything, and the perception of wearing a "wig" is not so bad, whereas the perception of wearing a "toupee" can be downright devastating. And if you get busted by your gossipy early 20's friends, I doubt you get torched so bad. There are 20 different reasons someone would wear a "wig" (I mean, what if you have cancer?!?!), there is only one reason someone would wear a "toupee," and its a reason your friends will undoubtedly kill ya for.

Im actually in the process of writing a piece discussing the large differences in impact between full cap and topper on pychological perception of self, in an effort to convince younger guys to go the full cap route. Also included will be my reasoning why Got2bglued is the greatest thing to ever happen to the hair circuit. I told JRob I was gonna finish this in November; Its now January 12. Fail.
01-13-2010, 05:40 AM,
Without a doubt I would say use it as a first try. Everyone who has made the transition to a full cap says the same thing, can't believe they didn't do it sooner. Wet shave your entire head and wack it on. I have been thinking about it and if it is your first time, wear it with got2b glued hair gel as your attachment method, that way you can try and if it fails just take it straight off.
01-13-2010, 05:54 AM,
tunners, that looks fantastic! Well done, you look really young with your full cap Smile
01-13-2010, 06:48 AM,
tunners Wrote:Without a doubt I would say use it as a first try. Everyone who has made the transition to a full cap says the same thing, can't believe they didn't do it sooner. Wet shave your entire head and wack it on. I have been thinking about it and if it is your first time, wear it with got2b glued hair gel as your attachment method, that way you can try and if it fails just take it straight off.

Why use got2bglued as attachment?

And what do you recommend for attachment before you shave, in the first days you just want to try it before taking the plunge?
01-13-2010, 07:37 AM,
Thanks for the advice guys, I think a lot of younger guys contemplate going fullcap for the exact reason that HappyGilmore stated in his post. A 'toupee' seems more embarrassing to wear than a fullcap. I suppose its because there are still so many stigmas regarding toppers and the general public does not suspect yet that a man would get a full wig to conceal baldness. As for the attachment, ive heard many good things about Got2BGlued and its nice to hear that people have had success with it on lace pieces. I think that with the emergence of fullcaps as a viable option, we will start to see a lot of people just shaving their entire head and giving it a try.
01-14-2010, 10:40 AM,
cool posts. thats for the informative information guys. i'm seriously thinking about going full cap. but i want a shorter style? is that possible?
01-14-2010, 11:27 AM,
Yes, shorter styles are definitely possible with a full cap. JROB would be better to ask on the subject, but for those who have seen pics of his full cap mohawk he cut the hair really short- almost buzzed it. And it looked pretty good, imo