Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dermmatch- An esssential tool for any hairwearer
10-29-2008, 04:04 PM,
Dermmatch- An esssential tool for any hairwearer
A little Dermmatch can solve the majority of problems you might encounter with a hairpiece.

I have used Dermmatch to:

- Blend color mismatches
- Fill in areas when I made a mistake attaching
- Fill in areas where the hair is getting too thin
- Create the illusion of sideburns

I initially ordered Dermmatch to cover my horribly thin side hair, and it did an acceptable job at allowing me to wear a topper that I really shouldn't have been wearing.

Now that i have transitioned into a full cap, I find the stuff is indispensable.

My main unit has three or four bald spots from shedding that would look HORRIBLE if I weren't able to fill them with Dermmatch. I also just shaved my sideburns since I will be going bald for Halloween, and I discovered that a touch of Dermmatch does WONDERS for fixing something that I essentially "screwed up" since my pieces were originally cut in to integrate existing sideburns.

Good stuff. Should be part of everyone's hair arsenal
10-29-2008, 10:43 PM,
Re: Dermmatch- An esssential tool for any hairwearer
Haven't touched the stuff in 3 years.
Imo not necessary if hair wearing is done right.
10-30-2008, 12:39 AM,
Yeah, I use dermatch everyday on my sides and some thinning areas. Kind of drastic to shave your head for a one day Halloween gig. What were you thinking?
10-30-2008, 03:38 AM,
Jrob, when you are using the dermatch to fill in small bald spots on the piece, are you puting the dermatch on the scalp prior to putting on the piece or are you rubbing the dermatch directly onto the lace?

I've noticed with some of the coverups that using them directly on the lace makes the lace pattern much more visible.
10-30-2008, 05:08 AM,
Snipe Wrote:Haven't touched the stuff in 3 years.
Imo not necessary if hair wearing is done right.

I would say yes, you are correct, but even if you are doing it "right", having a little Dermmatch laying around can extend the life of a piece by weeks if not a month or more if it has a couple of thin spots. That can save you a lot of money in the long run. I just can't see tossing a piece that looks phenomenal aside from a couple of thin patches. If ya got the money though.....be my guest....
10-30-2008, 05:10 AM,
bobm Wrote:Yeah, I use dermatch everyday on my sides and some thinning areas. Kind of drastic to shave your head for a one day Halloween gig. What were you thinking?

I wear a full cap so my head is already shaved. Most of my friends know I wear and I don't care who else does. Always wanted to do the Mr Clean costume, so now that I am not wearing a topper it's the perfect opportunity!
10-30-2008, 05:12 AM,
mark201 Wrote:Jrob, when you are using the dermatch to fill in small bald spots on the piece, are you puting the dermatch on the scalp prior to putting on the piece or are you rubbing the dermatch directly onto the lace?

I've noticed with some of the coverups that using them directly on the lace makes the lace pattern much more visible.

I have done both, but lately i just loosen a little powder with a toothbrush, put some on my finger, and work it through the lace and on to the scalp. The trick is to use enough that it doesn't just sit on the lace creating a grid pattern.

I wouldn't do this directly on the crown, but anywhere else it works fine.
10-30-2008, 06:26 AM,
Yeah I use dermmatch too. Usually to fill in whatever mistakes, or thin spots.. even if i cut my own hair and mess up a lil. dermmatch is a great product for that extra security. My only problem with it, is that i think the company are a bunch of As#holes. They wont even sell me the product anymore. cause they forced me to get a refund instead of just changing the color for me. Once you get a refund they wont sell to you again.. really disliked dealing with the people there. Like i really hope another company comes out with a similar/better product so they go out of business.
11-03-2008, 02:36 AM,
The best use for this procuct,for me,is color blending.It matches up real hair with unit hair
near perfect.Sometimes the only way people can tell your wearing is when the side and back color is
off from real color.Using this product sloves that.Dont go crazy,just a wee bit is all you need.
I will try using it on a thinning hair unit in the future.
11-03-2008, 04:55 AM,
Meandean Wrote:The best use for this procuct,for me,is color blending.It matches up real hair with unit hair
near perfect.Sometimes the only way people can tell your wearing is when the side and back color is
off from real color.Using this product sloves that.Dont go crazy,just a wee bit is all you need.
I will try using it on a thinning hair unit in the future.

Dean, I agree, just a touch of Dermmatch does wonders for blending. "Blurring" that line between the piece and your real hair can help you get away with a lot more of a color difference.

If you use it on a piece that has thin spots, you have to loosen the powder with a toothbrush so you can get enough of it on your finger to work down into the lace so it reached the skin. In other words, just "painting" it on isn't sufficient. You really have to work it in.