Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue Max Updates.....Exciting News!
10-31-2008, 11:00 AM,
Re: Blue Max Updates.....Exciting News!
Traco,

Glad you like the Blue Max CCS.

I can assure you that it won't hit the shelves until it works. And I know there are products out there that DO work, there just isn't one line that delivers across the board. And the funny thing is, most of the shampoos and conditioners that work well aren't even marketed to hairpiece wearers.

The shampoo is going to be the most challenging. The styling products shouldn't be as difficult to formulate because they are going to be made with either WITH the Blue Max Serum itself, or with the ingredients the serum contains that make it do what it does, which is to keep the hair from drying out prematurely. Right now I use a couple of off the shelf products that used to dry my hair out, but all I have do is add a drop of the serum, and I think it works even BETTER than using the serum alone for locking moisture into the hair.

This is a serious venture that has already consumed many hours of my time (and soon to be many $$$$), so there won't be any skimping. It's either RIGHT or it goes back until they get it right.

I will probably be flying out to meet with the chemists soon, so I will keep everyone in the loop as to what is going on.
11-03-2008, 02:11 AM,
Your product works very well.I use it all the time.Those two bottles will last a year.
You are a asset to the people on this fourm.I look forward to using your future products.
11-03-2008, 04:49 AM,
Meandean Wrote:Your product works very well.I use it all the time.Those two bottles will last a year.
You are a asset to the people on this fourm.I look forward to using your future products.

Thanks Dean!

Glad you like the serum.

I don't know if other companies just haven't wanted to go through the time and expense of actually putting in the R&D into developing them, but when you deal with a laboratory they can develop a custom formula based upon products that are proven to work. In other words, you give them a sample of a shampoos and conditioners that work well and they figure out which of the ingredients give these products the properties you desire, and use that as a base the new formula. so it isn't so much re-inventing the wheel, as it is perfecting it.

It's really easy to take a product formula that has already been created and slap a new label on it and call it a day, and that's a cheap and easy way out, but that isn't a solution, and if it doesn't solve a problem I won't put the Blue Max name on it.
11-04-2008, 11:54 AM,
Good one.
My wish is a Waxworks, but extra heavy hold.
Waxworks is the absolute best so don't waste time and effort on that.
If you could come up with ww but extra hold without being stiff everyone would want it. I've tried Everything out there and there's not one heavy hold that's not stiff or reams the hair.

Bh manipulator is the closest thing but it rails wig hair.
11-04-2008, 01:18 PM,
The plan for the wax is going to be a medium "flexible" hold, something that appeals to a wider market.

Waxworks is great stuff....no need to try to reinvent the wheel there, but as good as it is it has very specific characteristics which might not appeal to quite as many people as something a bit more conservative.

I have a couple of waxes and putty's that I like as far as hold, look, feel, etc., but they kill the hair unless I add a drop of the serum, and then they work almost as well as Waxworks for keeping the hair moisturized.

So for now I'm going to start with a medium hold gel and a medium hold wax, then later on look into doing some more specific formulations.
12-30-2008, 06:37 AM,
Been using Bluemax since the Orlando, and as I've posted before I like to keep things simple and go with minimal supplies.

That being said, this product is an absolute must have and not just for hair wearers.
12-30-2008, 10:04 AM,
Snipe Wrote:Been using Bluemax since the Orlando, and as I've posted before I like to keep things simple and go with minimal supplies.

That being said, this product is an absolute must have and not just for hair wearers.

Haha....my mom is president of the fan club!

For anyone who is interested, I just tested the first batch of shampoo and conditioner. The shampoo is pretty close but needs a few tweaks, and the conditioner is good but not good enough. Hopefully they nail the revisions so I can have it ready by January/February.
12-31-2008, 01:50 PM,
Can someone fill me in on this product ? Judging by the comments this is a good thing and were do I get some ?

" The Cable Guy "
12-31-2008, 02:58 PM,
Jrob is not the man, He's God....

Keep up the good work JROB
12-31-2008, 08:51 PM,
I hope you succeed in what you want to accomplish.