Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone order lace with poly back and sides?
10-31-2008, 06:44 AM,
Does anyone order lace with poly back and sides?
alright folks, was thinking of ordering this type of piece next time, does anyone use this type of piece and what are the benefits and disadvantages of it? i was going to order 70% density french lace with poly back and sides. Am hoping I will find it easier to attach using this method. Thanks for any help
11-01-2008, 07:16 AM,
Re: Does anyone order lace with poly back and sides?
any input folks?
11-01-2008, 07:29 AM,
That is what I was looking into also. Base TL250.
I was wondering if it was one of the most durable and undetectable systems.
Looking to make detach and attach simpler. Would redliner and supertape work on the poly
portion? At least 3/4 of the system would be a breeze to clean.
11-01-2008, 01:08 PM,
Yes, this works fine---- especially for people who want to remove often or even daily. The type of tape you use to attach the skin part just depends on how long and strong you want it to hold. Tape removal and cleanup is easy, and you never have to worry about pulling out any hair from the bottom of the base. You may find attachment easier because you can feel the edges more, but you still have to get it on and lined up just right. If the fit is not right on, I think skin edges are a little less forgiving than lace for lying down flat. BTW- 70% is a lot of hair. Make sure you don't overdo it.
11-01-2008, 10:02 PM,
I just ordered a french lace base with Thinskin (not the very Thinskin) perimeter around sides and back.
I also think it makes attachment easier and I hope I can use glue on it, since I somehow cannot with lace. The glue always seeps through the lace by the time I remove, maybe I should shorten the wearing period. With Thinksin I shouldn't have this problem.
I don't know how Thinskin responds to tape, but I hope it works fine.

I also think this will be a good system homer, attachment will definetely be easier than on lace.
11-02-2008, 12:29 AM,
is there much of a difference between thinskin and poly, unfortunately there is not much info on thinskin on the website.

also can you attach the back of the piece first when you have poly back and sides and then the front? and do you still need to stretch the lace when attaching or do poly back and sides prevent having to do this?

thanks
11-02-2008, 01:13 AM,
hi, I order these often from John. I have sfs base with poly side/back 70-75% density bleached knots and no wave.
I use ultra glue all around and no problem! Ready to go in about 30minutes. I do a thin 2 layer 1 on my head 1 on the poly. I go front to back with attaching. The hold is good for 2 weeks-and I go to the gym 4 times a week. Aerobics and weight lifting so theres tons of mirrors and YES I check my hair alot :-) Clean up is a breeze and I do a daily clean for the front. Hope that helps!
11-02-2008, 12:53 PM,
Cobico, that seems like a good approach. But I thought poly is more detectable around the edges.

How did you manage to get the sides look natural?

Also, is it detectable where the lace meets the poly?

Tanya
11-02-2008, 01:45 PM,
Hey Tanya,

I would strongly advise against poly on a full cap for a main unit. By all means get a unit with a skin perimeter for a quickie attach backup, but for normal use all lace is the way to go. I can't speak for the new thinnest skin, but after testing a poly perimeter unit I wasn't satisfied with it being undetectable to touch.

Now I have had PSB pieces with a fraction of an inch of lace on the outside edge that were pretty decent since the transition was "eased" with the lace, but the last two poly perimeter units I got didn't have that, and that abrupt skin edge can be felt easily, even with glue.
11-02-2008, 09:21 PM,
JRob, did you try a Thinskin perimeter as well?