Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey JRob!
11-15-2008, 11:34 AM,
Hey JRob!
hey man, i know im new around here but ive been lurking for a while. i just want to say im really impressed with your awesome and carefree attitude towards wearing hair. its very refreshing man. just wanted to let you know that Big Grin

oh and werent you going to post pictures of you with a shaved head from halloween?
11-15-2008, 07:03 PM,
Re: Hey JRob!
Hehehe.....Halloween turned out to be a blur.....didn't really get any usable pics!

If anyone want to see me completely shaved I'll put 'em up though. I'm dead sexy shaved or not Wink
11-17-2008, 04:22 PM,
yeah man, lets see em Big Grin
11-17-2008, 05:33 PM,
You touched on an important point--attitude! It's important in wearing hair. You can't be too self-conscious or else you'll come across as uncomfortable with yourself. Everyone can learn a lesson from JRob on being cool about wearing.
11-18-2008, 02:21 PM,
What I meant was that I can send you pics of my bald head, not of my Halloween costume. There is only one with me in it and I'm halfway cut off.

ToplaceUSA Wrote:You touched on an important point--attitude! It's important in wearing hair. You can't be too self-conscious or else you'll come across as uncomfortable with yourself. Everyone can learn a lesson from JRob on being cool about wearing.

Thanks John.

It's liberating to not have to worry about getting busted. I think at this point almost all of my friends know. I even thought about trying to use it as a pickup line, hehe.

"Excuse me, but can I ask your opinion on something? Is my wig on crooked?" or "What do you think of my new wig? Does the color work for me?"

I might try it. I think it would be hilarious to walk up to a girl with the hair in a fauxhawk or with a totally spiked up hairline and try to convince her that it's a piece! And the best part about it is that I'll bet she's never heard anyone use THAT line before!

Edit- another plus is that there would be no awkward "talk" sometime down the road....
11-19-2008, 04:00 PM,
I don't think this point can be emphasized enough that it can be liberating when everyone knows. The time when I have worn my friends all knew and I was fine with that it was the "new people" that I felt like I was hiding a big dark secret. Which it really isn't a big deal to anyone else but me. But right now with working with High school students I would ge back to wearing if I stayed at the same job. Maybe when I switch jobs.