Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE acid test...Holiday photos!
12-19-2008, 11:03 PM,
Re: THE acid test...Holiday photos!
undecided Wrote:I'm going to keep the piece until the day I feel that the maintainance of wearing the piece will be a worthwhile jump from my current thinning hair.(I'm also kinda scared of shaving my hair) But from what I see from this forum, the maintainance seems to get easier as you get the hang of it.
Regards

That's an understatement.

This week, I went for nights out on Wed, Thurs and tonight. My hair had to be removed, cleaned and reattached on Wed night. BEFORE I had started wearing, I thought this kind of situation would be a disaster, and would be nervous about getting a piece.

You would think it's a big deal, cos I work every day and have to keep my hair looking good, and also manage to get some sleep...

Here is what I did:
- out wednesday night
- leave pub at 12.45am (relatively early really!!)
- remove piece, mirror slide, shampoo piece. Magazine slide on head (all took 30 mins)
- Sleep
- Get up, shower, attach piece + style (all took 30 mins)
- Go to work in time, then out again after work for Christmas party

To me, that is as easy as a normal shower... only a little longer Smile
No stress whatsoever.

Jonesy123 Wrote:This too. this entire first time of doing everything is very scary. I have to take a template while I still have my hair, and it makes things inaccurate. Then shaving the top to match the hairpiece (which will be done by a stylist), then applying the wig an hoping it will blend well. Then attaching it myself... lots of things could go wrong...

I did all of the above. I got my piece in November 2005, and didn't shave and attach until February 06. I had to ready myself. I had to accept I was shaving, and that I was doing this. And I was going to make it work! Positive attitude...

And do you know what? Nothing went wrong. All my fears disippated when I realised I could do it. MBs video was priceless and was the magic ingredient that made everything fit together. And it was scary, the first couple of months were a little bit tricky sometimes, but when you get past that... no looking back. It's just part of your life and you don't think about it anymore. You just start to believe that you have hair... it's no big deal. You're entitled to hair, just like everyone else!

Messages In This Thread
THE acid test...Holiday photos! - Mr.Burns - 12-17-2008, 12:31 AM
Re: THE acid test...Holiday photos! - JRob - 12-19-2008, 07:56 AM
Re: THE acid test...Holiday photos! - Mr.Burns - 12-19-2008, 11:03 PM
Re: THE acid test...Holiday photos! - JRob - 12-20-2008, 03:54 AM
Re: THE acid test...Holiday photos! - JRob - 12-20-2008, 09:05 AM