Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE acid test...Holiday photos!
12-19-2008, 05:28 AM,
Re: THE acid test...Holiday photos!
Jonesy123 Wrote:Well, at least scientifically speaking, this is a close to an impossible task. Toplace has what, 10 colors to choose from ?, but there are **infinite** number of shades in the real world

I don't know about that... if you look up colour rings online, you will find hundreds of different colours for each ring. This is what the factory uses to match your colour, so there are a lot of possibilities. And your perfect colour IS in there, because human hair (like wig hair) can only have a certain number of colour combinations. It's not infinite, because there are only so many colours picked up by the human eye :ugeek:

There is no excuse for a colour mismatch.

Also, I am using Pureology shampoo, so the fading is almost non-existent. And the unit never dries out... :mrgreen:

It's not depressing really Big Grin Tongue :lol: 8-)
12-19-2008, 05:30 AM,
[Image: 414ABDAsB6L._SS500_.jpg]
12-19-2008, 05:31 AM,
Jonesy123 Wrote:Well, at least scientifically speaking, this is a close to an impossible task. Toplace has what, 10 colors to choose from ?, but there are **infinite** number of shades in the real world

I don't know about that... if you look up colour rings online, you will find hundreds of different colours for each ring. This is what the factory uses to match your colour, so there are a lot of possibilities. And your perfect colour IS in there, because human hair (like wig hair) can only have a certain number of colour combinations. It's not infinite, because there are only so many colours picked up by the human eye :ugeek:

There is no excuse for a colour mismatch. So send the bloody rug back to where it came from, and it will be fixed!

Also, I am using Pureology shampoo, so the fading is almost non-existent. And the unit never dries out... :mrgreen:

It's not depressing really Big Grin Tongue :lol: 8-)
12-19-2008, 05:56 AM,
Mr.Burns,

Why are you afraid to let go of your white hairs ?, It is perfectly normal for a person your age to have no white hairs (and also perfectly normal to have, but you'll look younger without).
12-19-2008, 06:15 AM,
Jonesy123 Wrote:Mr.Burns,

Why are you afraid to let go of your white hairs ?, It is perfectly normal for a person your age to have no white hairs (and also perfectly normal to have, but you'll look younger without).

A) All of my own hair has grey hairs. I am 28, and I have had them since I was 20! So I think it's normal. My Dad went great at 18!!
B) They really help with blending if the colour is faded Smile
C) They sometimes give a kind og highlighted look, as somebody noticed in this very thread
D) It would be very, very ackward to dye all of my grey hairs in my own head, and then get that to match with the "no-grey-%" piece
E) It looks realistic and nobody would think you have a wig if you have grey hairs

So I try and keep things easy.

Maybe some day I will go with a full cap, and reduce the number of greys Big Grin
12-19-2008, 07:56 AM,
Jonesy123 Wrote:Pretty depressing I might say.

We are here to give you all the help and support you need if and when you order a piece, but I think you are "splitting hairs" here (haha) and if you are this critical I don't think you will be able to pull off wearing.

You are looking at some of the best hairpieces on the planet and nitpicking them to death.

They will never be perfect, but as I said in the other post they don't have to be. Fact is, your eye is already getting trained to spot pieces, but in reality even you and most other wearers wouldn't pick me or Burns or most anyone else here out of a crowd.
12-19-2008, 08:48 AM,
Quote:They will never be perfect, but as I said in the other post they don't have to be. Fact is, your eye is already getting trained to spot pieces, but in reality even you and most other wearers wouldn't pick me or Burns or most anyone else here out of a crowd.
I know I won’t, because you both know what you’re doing. I’m simply trying to learn from the best.

Color blending seems very important. You (JRob) don’t have to worry about it because you go with a full cap, and Burns don’t need to worry about it, among the rest because he’s combing down from the top, and using white hairs which enhance the illusion that his topper can’t be a wig (even if color match isn’t perfect).

The thing is, I know that in order to look my best I’ll have to dye my hair to get rid of those white hairs (last girl I dated practically asked me if she could do it for me), but more important than looking my best is looking like I don’t wear. The fact that looking my best and looking like I don’t wear won’t coincide, is a bit depressing (but being bald, with or without white hairs, is even more depressing, so I guess like everything it's a matter of what's the least worst alternative).

My list of priorities from the wig:
1. Look real.
2. Look real.
3. Make me Look my best.
4. Low maintenance.
12-19-2008, 01:36 PM,
Jonesy123 Wrote:Color blending seems very important.

Yeah it is--- but I already told you that it is not difficult to get and maintain a good color match.

If you, as someone with zero experience wearing, choose to not to believe this then there isn't much anyone around here is going to be able to do to help you.
12-19-2008, 02:45 PM,
Quote:Jonesy123 wrote:
The thing is, I know that in order to look my best I’ll have to dye my hair to get rid of those white hairs (last girl I dated practically asked me if she could do it for me), but more important than looking my best is looking like I don’t wear.

Hi Jonesy, I guesss you have to ask yourself if a natural looking hairpiece (even though that is not looking your best) will be an improvement on how you look and feel about yourself now. If yes, why not just go for it?

Or if you are not sure, maybe you can do what I'm gonna do. I'm ordering a piece once I get a template done. When it arrives, I will see if it blends well with my hair. (send it back if it doesn't). After that, I'm going to keep the piece until the day I feel that the maintainance of wearing the piece will be a worthwhile jump from my current thinning hair.(I'm also kinda scared of shaving my hair) But from what I see from this forum, the maintainance seems to get easier as you get the hang of it.

I think maybe your main concern is something might go wrong without someone to guide you?

Regards
12-19-2008, 02:55 PM,
Mr.Burns Wrote:
wantmorehair Wrote:Mr. Burns,

Your hair looks awesome. Is this a topper or full cap?

Hey man, it's just a regular topper.

Here are some more photos so you can see how it's done:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/lokuttara/HairShotsMar2008?authkey=4C0QWYtV1Zk#">http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/lokuttara ... 0QWYtV1Zk#</a><!-- m -->
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/lokuttara/May2008_SFS?authkey=5a7U06lyi4s#">http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/lokuttara ... 7U06lyi4s#</a><!-- m -->

Mr. Burns,

Thanks for the hair cutting instructions. I read your comment about getting great results using Pureology. What formula are you using and how often do you wash your hair? Thanks man.