Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full Cap Nape Attachment
12-19-2008, 05:49 AM,
Full Cap Nape Attachment
My latest full cap just got cut in on Tuesday, and although the base is a little bit too big I went ahead and attached anyway. Figured i could always go back and trim more off if need be.

So, for the first time, I actually attached at the nape. Yep, right on the neck, just below the skull. And to my surprise, it's ROCK SOLID after two days. Actually, it's holding better than my normal attachment, since there is a little indentation at the base of my skull that makes the base tend to lift a little.

It makes sense that this is possible with blue liner tape, since there is a lot of flex in the tape itself and it probably acts as a barrier between the scalp and the lace. I doubt any white glues would be able to hold up to this.

I can only go about 4 days between removals anyway, so ( for me personally) it looks as if I have solved another one of the minor issues that comes with wearing a full cap.
12-19-2008, 03:43 PM,
Re: Full Cap Nape Attachment
Awesome man! Looking forward to seeing the pics...
12-19-2008, 06:23 PM,
Here is a pic of my standard attachment at the base of the skull-

[Image: IMGP3793.jpg]

And here is the new lower attachment. Keep in mind that I still have to tweak this unit here and there-

[Image: IMGP41621.jpg]
12-20-2008, 11:50 AM,
I have found that the tape that holds longest on my scalp is Walkers No Shine - up to 14 days. I have also found that the tape that adheres strongest and longest to lace for me at the back/nape is Duo Tac (mesh side) - more than 10 days.

To keep the back of the full cap down for extended periods I stick the Walkers on top of a long 5 inch boomerang strip of Duo Tac. Attach this combination to the cap and place on my head.

I can easily get more than a week with this, including sleeping everynight. I also use the No Shine tape (without the Duo Tac) across the partially exposed hairline and vertically down each temple/sideburn. I was on vacation in Melbourne last week and never touched the cap for 8 days.

Only downside is the two tapes on top of one another at the back is a little thicker, but my hair density is thickest at the back so anyone would really have to be digging in hard to feel it.
12-21-2008, 01:37 AM,
The first look is good. In my opinion, the second looks is great!!
12-21-2008, 05:48 AM,
dino Wrote:The first look is good. In my opinion, the second looks is great!!

Keep in mind the long sideburns in the first pic create the illusion of the back being even higher than it really is.

That said, I agree. the lower rear hairline increases realism.