Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crazy story about a girl, and the wig...
12-23-2008, 03:18 PM,
Re: Crazy story about a girl, and the wig...
Quote:Just curious: What changed her mind?

Good question.

Quote:More to the point: I hear your hesitations and your fears and I respect them. Have you considered individual counseling/psychotherapy to air out these issues with a flesh and blood person? (Message boards can take you only so far.) Or if you're already in counseling, are you taking the initiative to confront these darker concerns? At some point, and only when you're ready, a leap of faith is going to be necessary. You surely don't want to be in this psychological rut for years to come. I think you're wise to choose for that to happen with someone -- quite possibly a professional -- that you can trust not to shoot you down. You're looking for, and deserve, unconditional support from someone.

I'm not in counceling and this is something that might provide benefit, you are right. I just didn't have any insecurity problems before I started losing my hair, and I wonder if it will be too naive to think that things can become better if I get my hair back... (ok, even if it's not "mine"), or maybe I'll just find something else to lower my confidence... not sure at this point.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Crazy story about a girl, and the wig... - Jonesy123 - 12-23-2008, 03:18 PM