Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much knot sealer?
12-24-2008, 03:19 AM,
How much knot sealer?
To reduce shedding, I've tried the knot sealer this week. However, I had no clue about how much to apply on the underside of the lace. First, I did it very carefully by dabbing with a cotton pad, but actually nothing happened at all. 99% of the sealer rather stuck in the cotton pad than on the lace, and only veeeeeeery tiny spots of sealer remained on the lace, if at all. That amount would never keep the hair from shedding.

So, I threw the cotton away, tried Q tips once (same issue as before) and then the edge of a folded peace of paper. That worked way better and I could finally see a thin white layer of sealer on areas of the lace. Lacking a cold hair dryer, I used the hot one for blow drying - but, of course, only for a short time because I didn't want to ruin the hair by the heat.

After some hours - thoughtlessly - I washed the piece (as it had to be done anyway... should have done it before, though!)... The sealer became white again and even a bit soft... It has dried clear again, and as it is a piece that I haven't put on my head, yet, I can't say if the sealer will be visible at all...

My main issue here is that I have no idea what the piece shall look like directly after applying the right amount of sealer. Could anyone who masters this one upload two before-after photos in high resolution, please?

Best wishes and Merry Christmas!
Don
12-24-2008, 05:47 PM,
Re: How much knot sealer?
you used too much knot sealer. ....and you used a hot blow dryer which likely melted the knot sealer and made it gooey. you should also not have wet the hair so soon.
you only need a tiny, tiny bit of sealer on a cotton ball, dab the cotton ball off onto a paper towel to remove any excess and then, gently roll some sealer onto the base with the almost dry cotton ball. you should only see a very small amount of transfer. dry with a cool dryer and repeat the process for a second coat. you can skip the cool dryer step and let it air dry but please do not blow it dry with a warm or hot dryer.
do not wash or wet the base for 24 hours.
I hope this helps. I think your unit will be fine.......but for best results, follow the steps I've layed out for you.
DebbieS.
12-24-2008, 11:32 PM,
Re: How much knot sealer?
uh, I made a video on how to do it right.
You didn't do much research to find it I guess.