Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holy Cow !, look how she rubs her hand through his piece !!!
12-30-2008, 02:29 AM,
Holy Cow !, look how she rubs her hand through his piece !!!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.jaalternatives.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=62&Itemid=195">http://www.jaalternatives.com/index.php ... Itemid=195</a><!-- m -->

You want to tell me she doesn't feel a thing ?

I have to say some of the vids on that page are amazing, and I'm pretty critical... I think most of pieces there work so well because A. Flawless color/curl blend with sides, B. Hairline pattern looks very believable, considering their temple hair.

I wonder if the main reason why they look so well is simply because someone experienced like Debbie did the entire work for them (from making the template, carfully matching the color and hair curl while the client is with her, to making the cut itself on the client's head).

Also, in one of the vids they say that they import the hair from europe, so I guess they're using that darn expensive unprocessed european hair... it seems to behave on video so much like their real hair it's really amazing...
12-30-2008, 07:18 AM,
Re: Holy Cow !, look how she rubs her hand through his piece !!!
All i know is, before i found out about internet hair systems, I went to JA looking for a small partial. I couldnt even get a small partial for 1000 lol. They wanted more then a 1000 dollars for a tiny ass frontal partial. I was like screw this, that much hair cant be worth that much money. I was uneducated in hair systems, but I was not a fool. so i did not buy from them nor farrell. Farrell actually lowered their price for me at the time, but i still felt it was way too much. I think they wanted like 1000 for a small partial. i was like nah im good. then i found coolpiece online one day, the rest is history. Perhaps they make great systems, perhaps they suck, perhaps they are the same. However, I dont want to spend thousands on fake hair, so i make good with the online internet game instead
12-30-2008, 08:14 AM,
Jonesy123 Wrote:http://www.jaalternatives.com/index.php?...Itemid=195

I have to say some of the vids on that page are amazing, and I'm pretty critical... I think most of pieces there work so well because A. Flawless color/curl blend with sides, B. Hairline pattern looks very believable, considering their temple hair.

I wonder if the main reason why they look so well is simply because someone experienced like Debbie did the entire work for them (from making the template, carfully matching the color and hair curl while the client is with her, to making the cut itself on the client's head).

Also, in one of the vids they say that they import the hair from europe, so I guess they're using that darn expensive unprocessed european hair... it seems to behave on video so much like their real hair it's really amazing...

Jane Genesi, the owner of J.A., lives in my neighborhood. I see her around from time to time. I've never spoken to her but can tell that she's a very nice woman.
12-30-2008, 08:51 AM,

Just watched the video and agree that the results are easily, and probably better, than anything else I've seen.
12-30-2008, 09:52 AM,
Bangless Wrote:

Just watched the video and agree that the results are easily, and probably better, than anything else I've seen.

Just a bunch of smoke & mirrors, there is nothing revolutionary about this video or the piece IMHO. I'm currently wearing a TL skin piece attached with G2BG only, and could easily have someone run their fingers through my hair for a similar video. Notice that there are no close-ups of the hair line, nor does she ever run her fingers from the forehead through the hair line. I have had TL lace systems that could look just like the hair growing from the scalp, I could make a much more impressive video than this.
12-30-2008, 10:21 AM,
Is it possible that they use better quality hair? That is: greater offering of natural-colored (i.e., not dyed) hair; European rather than Asian hair for better texture matching for those among us who are of European decent?
12-30-2008, 11:09 AM,
Quote:Notice that there are no close-ups of the hair line
Look at this video for a close-up. They are very good (btw, listen to the last second of that video, they say, again, that this is european hair).

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.jaalternatives.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=55&Itemid=200">http://www.jaalternatives.com/index.php ... Itemid=200</a><!-- m -->

Quote:Just a bunch of smoke & mirrors, there is nothing revolutionary about this video or the piece IMHO.

There might not be anything revolutionary, we might have all the necessary tools at TopLace, but JA's execution is flawless. Again, it might be the difference between doing it yourself and letting Debbie do everything for you. Depends on the person, the difference might be not small at all.

Quote:Is it possible that they use better quality hair? That is: greater offering of natural-colored (i.e., not dyed) hair; European rather than Asian hair for better texture matching for those among us who are of European decent?

From what they said about the hair, I'm pretty sure they are using unprocessed european hair. What amazes me is that even though the hair is dry, it looks real… but this sure put demand on color, curl and direction match between the wig and the side hair, but as I said, their execution is wonderful.

Someone explained to me that with unprocessed european hair, they match your color by mixing several european hair samples, so they can match any color without dye at all (and without the need to have a single sample with your exact color). Because the hair is not processed, the wig will last longer.

Why can’t TopLace try to get European hair ?, how much more expensive could it get ?, even if the wig will cost double or triple, it might be worth it for some if the difference is there and if it could really last longer.
12-30-2008, 11:32 AM,
toplace will make a hairpiece from european hair if you buy the hair and supply it for the hairpiece. euro hair is VERY expensive. Personally , I have worked with european hairpieces before and find that it is too fly-away and wispy. Just my opinion.
DebbieS.
12-30-2008, 11:43 AM,
I was a JA client for many years. Compared to TL,their pieces were not that good. Expensive as all hell,too. For these vids,sure,I bet they went all out to make them look good,but,if you saw the guys walking out of there after a service,most you could tell from miles away they were wearing a piece! Plus,their bases were pretty thick compared to what I've gotten from TL..I havent been back to JA since I found TL. Of course,won't be back there if i could since I left the country.LOL
12-30-2008, 11:49 AM,
shwaap Wrote:I was a JA client for many years. Compared to TL,their pieces were not that good. Expensive as all hell,too. For these vids,sure,I bet they went all out to make them look good,but,if you saw the guys walking out of there after a service,most you could tell from miles away they were wearing a piece! Plus,their bases were pretty thick compared to what I've gotten from TL..I havent been back to JA since I found TL. Of course,won't be back there if i could since I left the country.LOL

How many years ago were you a client there? Who knows, maybe they've improved, and by a lot.