Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
An interesting story involving Advanced Hair Studio...
01-06-2009, 05:02 AM,
An interesting story involving Advanced Hair Studio...
You probably remember me talking before about a guy from my hometown who I spotted wearing a piece about one year before I got my first one. Well I remember at the time I was in a play with his brother, and his brother had mentioned how he's gotten a "treatment". Aha,, I said to myself, so that's how he is getting away with it! Everyone believed his story, despite the fact that he'd gone from being badly bald to an 80% density super thick head of hair!!

At the time I thought, "whoever is doing his piece, they are making it a little bit thick and he can't expose hairline, always using combdown styles". But in truth, it actually suited him quite well. And even more amazingly, he 100% got away with it. I know the lad quite well, and none of his friends seemed to react strangely, and I can't recall any funny looks or jibes, despite his ultra thick hair. I guess he was lucky being in his early 20's, and he was getting a lot more attention from girls. More than he had ever had.

I found out through his brother that he was driving all the way to Dublin twice monthly (520 miles in total per month!!) for his "treatment".

So I'd decided, after getting my toplace, that I would let him know all about the joys of DIY. But time went on, and every time I was going to broach the subject with him... I would back out. I would usually meet him down the pub or on the street, and it never seemed like the right moment. And I didn't want to go phoning him up out of the blue. I suspected that he knew I wore as well, so perhaps he was more comfortable keeping it quiet...

Fast forward to new years ever 2008, and he has a new sales job in Dublin city. I was chatting him in the pub... and heck, I just said it to him as he's trying to get away from some drunk chicks who are slobbering all over him "you know, it's the hair. That's why they are all after you" hehe.. so I broke the ice.

Well, we get talking hair at last - after 4 years of silence! And to cut a long story short.. guess what his new job is? Working for Advanced Hair Studio in the city! And all along, he had been going up to AHS in the city for regular attachments and styles. Now he is working for them as a sales man. I think basically when a customer comes in, he's one of the first people they will meet.

Now, as for his reaction to my revealing myself as a wearer too - well, he was AMAZED at my piece. He couldn't understand how I did it all myself and had a lot of questions. He said he'd never guess it was a piece, and he was astounded by the hairline. I don't know if he had ever seen a piece like it before (working for AHS and all!!). He said that making a template "is a skill in itself", and he seemed to think a lot of the stuff was a sort of black art. I guess that is what AHS tell not only their customers, but also employees! When I told him I made it with clingfilm and sellotape he was surprised, and kept asking me about the fit, and how tight it is. I told him all my units fit like a glove, and they do.

I told him my yearly costs... he told me his. Over his four years he has racked up €9000, in dollars that would be maybe 14000? In three years I had racked up maybe €1500, including all supplies, etc (I'm not sure about this amount, but it's definitely below €2000).

I told him I would get him a Toplace no problem, just €150. But he says he really can't do that as he's working for AHS. Oh well... I told him if he ever leaves that job, I will sort him out anyway!

I know it's a long ramble, but I hope you've enjoyed reading my little story nonetheless Smile
01-06-2009, 06:36 AM,
Re: An interesting story involving Advanced Hair Studio...
Very enjoyable indeed, Mr. Burns!

Leamon
01-06-2009, 06:59 PM,
Good story, thanks for sharing.
01-07-2009, 04:07 AM,
thanks for posting that story Smile
01-07-2009, 10:47 PM,
Pity he will never be able to try a Toplace eh? Unless he leavs AHS! They really do have more basic pieces, with high density and no hairline exposure.
09-27-2010, 08:43 PM,
RE: An interesting story involving Advanced Hair Studio...
loved the post mr burns.
i'd love to fly post all,ahs salons, to dam teach emm to stop exploiting clients.(allegedly )
i guess if youre a hair club client theyve already got you brain washed into the fiction its a highly technical procedure.so you dont even contenplate diy,
you may try to find a cheaper hair club but doubt the majority would consider another route.
todays saying (knowledge is power!")
09-28-2010, 05:31 AM,
RE: An interesting story involving Advanced Hair Studio...
Definitelly an interesting story.
I thank god I found TL, I don't think I could afford a hair replacement membership way too much money.