Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bald Look
01-06-2009, 08:53 AM,
Bald Look
I have read through many of these posts over the past few years. Been a wearer for a long time and one thing I find interesting is how many guys like to look like they are losing their hair. Age appropriate density is fine but many threads talk about how their system is so thin that they fool people into thinking they are losing their hair and going bald. Not looking like I was going bald or thinning is the only reason I got a topper in the first place.
Don't get me wrong I am not knocking anybody's reasoning. Just having a difficult time getting hold of this issue.
01-06-2009, 01:22 PM,
Re: Bald Look
wiggy Wrote:I have read through many of these posts over the past few years. Been a wearer for a long time and one thing I find interesting is how many guys like to look like they are losing their hair. Age appropriate density is fine but many threads talk about how their system is so thin that they fool people into thinking they are losing their hair and going bald. Not looking like I was going bald or thinning is the only reason I got a topper in the first place.
Don't get me wrong I am not knocking anybody's reasoning. Just having a difficult time getting hold of this issue.

It's a personal choice. Kind of like the grey hair in a full cap issue. You don't HAVE to put it in, but as you get older it can improve the realism.

I like to hit a "sweet spot" where the unit usually starts out a bit thick and then thins a bit. This usually happens about halfway through the life of the piece.

Eventually the piece gets a little too thin (like the pic below I posted awhile back) but even then it looked stunningly real, so I still wear it.

[Image: IMGP40841-1.jpg]

Here is a pic getting closer to the sweet spot-

[Image: IMGP36722-1.jpg]

Matter of fact, I wear my pieces into the ground. by the time I retire them they have Dermmatch stains all throughout the base where I have covered all of the thin spots, haha
01-07-2009, 09:38 PM,
JRob Wrote:
wiggy Wrote:I have read through many of these posts over the past few years. Been a wearer for a long time and one thing I find interesting is how many guys like to look like they are losing their hair. Age appropriate density is fine but many threads talk about how their system is so thin that they fool people into thinking they are losing their hair and going bald. Not looking like I was going bald or thinning is the only reason I got a topper in the first place.

It's a personal choice. Kind of like the grey hair in a full cap issue. You don't HAVE to put it in, but as you get older it can improve the realism.

I like to hit a "sweet spot" where the unit usually starts out a bit thick and then thins a bit. This usually happens about halfway through the life of the piece.

Eventually the piece gets a little too thin (like the pic below I posted awhile back) but even then it looked stunningly real, so I still wear it.

[Image: IMGP40841-1.jpg]

Here is a pic getting closer to the sweet spot-

[Image: IMGP36722-1.jpg]

Matter of fact, I wear my pieces into the ground. by the time I retire them they have Dermmatch stains all throughout the base where I have covered all of the thin spots, haha

JRob what type of ventilation do you get on your pieces? I like to wear my hair up in the front like yours is doing in the first pic. I usually order flatback for the first inch to get that affect but I'm considering going with a spiky ventilation for the front with my next system.
01-08-2009, 04:11 AM,
Both of these were supposed to be spiky front but as far as I could tell it they were all forward. Not much difference to me though since I wear a forward style, only sometimes do I spike the front.
01-08-2009, 04:46 AM,
JRob Wrote:Matter of fact, I wear my pieces into the ground. by the time I retire them they have Dermmatch stains all throughout the base where I have covered all of the thin spots, haha

What a tight arse! It's not like they are $1200 like some companies.

... only kidding Rob! Smile Hehe, I do the same myself sometimes hehe, as you see from my pics.
01-09-2009, 06:43 PM,
I prefer the balding receded look as well with gray and lower density. I recently began wearing a full cap and have terrible itching where I never applied tape before though..