Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buzzed sides & back pics request
01-07-2009, 06:59 AM,
Buzzed sides & back pics request
Hey folks

I did the pic search route in the old forum for the buzzed sides or 'high & tight' type hair style, but pics are expired.
'Folliman' mentioned he wears his hair that way, I remember seeing the classic 'Jake' pic & Kevo88 looks good too. Are there any others that can be posted?
My two pieces were sent back to BA to knock down the density to 50%, so my match will be better. I also will have the pieces cut shorter & less wide, as my side hair was buzzed down too much ( I think) to accommodate a larger piece.
I've grown accustomed, over my 15 years of noticable thinning expanding into MPB, to having my hair buzzed to a 1/2 inch length. If I can do that & keep a topper @ 1.5 to 2 inches, I'm a happy man.
01-08-2009, 07:47 AM,
Re: Buzzed sides & back pics request
My hair is cut pretty short. My sides are cut down probably to a number 2 or 3 on the nape bottom, going up to about a four to six at the top of my own real hair. My system hair is cut down to about 1 inch in length at the top.

here are a few pics of it.

[Image: 4.jpg]

[Image: combdown.jpg]
01-08-2009, 09:06 AM,
Thanks X

What does that translate to ( #2 or #3 guard), as my clip guards are 1/4". 1/2" up to 1" ? What's the density on the piece that you have @ an inch?
01-08-2009, 01:47 PM,
I dont really remember to be honest. But I know that the shorter I wanted to go, the more density I needed without looking too thin. I think I go a little more on the denser side when I cut the hair real short.

The first picture was taken right after i cut my hair, so alot of the little hairs got stuck in the glue, Thats why the front hairline looks a little bit odd. But try to ignore that. Once i reattached it looked fine again. Im curious if anyone ever cut their unit hair shorter then an inch. Like what is the record?

regards
01-09-2009, 12:45 PM,
I like the 2nd pic.. I would imagine that is shorter than 1".... I woulld like to try that sometime... but I don't know if I can afford to plop down $200 bucks just to try something out.
01-10-2009, 01:51 AM,
It is short, but not really buzzed. I'm interested in seeing the side/back blend and transition. I've started to think of buzzing the sides & back then putting some Dermmatch to give that fuller shadow, since there is hair there.
01-10-2009, 06:52 AM,
Well my side back and wig hair is all buzzed. but I guess you mean buzzed on the lowest setting? I have been using a number 2 on the lowest parts of my hair and gradually increasing the length till it reaches one inch on top.
01-10-2009, 09:01 AM,
Gotta find out what a #2 translates to, we might be talking about the same thing!
My best look, where I wasn't self aware too much of my MPB, was a cut with the 1/4" clipguard & my hair dyed with Just For Men Med-Brown. It 'colored' my balding area a bit and gave the illusion of that shaved look.
If I can do that on the side - BOOM! - I'm there
01-10-2009, 09:44 AM,
clipper guard lengths
See article for descriptions of all clipper guard lengths

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hairfinder.com/hairquestions/clipper_cuts.htm">http://www.hairfinder.com/hairquestions ... r_cuts.htm</a><!-- m -->
01-10-2009, 03:16 PM,
Here you go!