Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone had no luck with UH?
01-08-2009, 01:16 PM,
Anyone had no luck with UH?
Has anyone who has had no luck using UH at the hairline tried another glue that worked better for them?
I am getting at max 2 days before the UH glue starts getting gooey and the front lifts quite easily. I haven't had much success with bb, iglue, or tite grip either. I think it must have something to do with the composition of my natural skin oil..

BTW, Mats Sundin is playing in Vancouver for the first time tonight! Excited! Tongue
01-08-2009, 04:53 PM,
Re: Anyone had no luck with UH?
I have had no luck with glue at all even UH. The next day the corners would lift up so it would look like I had horns.
On the following attachments I applied st30 tape on the corners of my piece so that I could use glue. Now I use tape for the corners and glue for the rest of the piece. If I use walker contours or st30 the attachment is strong but glue does not work for me
01-08-2009, 06:19 PM,
Are you using enough Ultrahold?

I tried every glue you could think of when I got started and NOTHING worked for me, because when everyone said "apply thin" I applied it TOO thin. Don't slather it on, but make sure there's enough to grab.
01-08-2009, 09:54 PM,
I've tried applying different amounts of Ultrahold. When I apply a thicker coating, it works well for the first day, but soon it becomes really goopy and even seeps through the lace and into the hair. The bond doesn't hold very long.

When I apply a thinner coating, not only does the lace not disappear well, but the hold is gone pretty quickly too.

Thanks for the replies guys. I appreciate the help. Looks like I'm going to have to continue to do touch-ups very often, and wait for the next best glue/tape.
01-09-2009, 02:52 AM,
I tried 1,2,3, coats of glue waiting 5 min. between applications etc. I thought I was not applying enough glue so I kept applying even more determined to win the war with glue. I think my problem is my piece is so small, and the fact my piece is only a hairline piece which is generally an area where I perspire.
01-09-2009, 06:35 AM,
I use UH. I apply anti-persperant first, wait 10 minutes then apply two generous coats of UH waiting a good 10 minutes between coats. I find the UH doesnt seep through as quick when using the AP first.
01-09-2009, 08:04 AM,
IREADEM, are you using the liquid or solid bar form of anti-persperant? Thanks for this tip, I will try it out.
01-09-2009, 08:29 AM,
Anti-perspirant can help, just make sure you wipe off the residue before applying glue.

Another long lost trick is to use liquid bandage. It definitely increases hold time for me, and my skin breaks down glue FAST. I don't use either product since due to a skin condition I can only go 4 days between removals, so by the time the glue/tape gets gooey I have to take it off and give my scalp a break anyway.