Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finding the right color for my order (dark blond)
01-09-2009, 06:37 AM,
Finding the right color for my order (dark blond)
Hi folks.

I'm gonna get back into wearing again. I've got one semester left of my education, and I'm gonna move to another city after that - so it's now or never.. Smile

Because of my hair, it's unpractical to send a good sample. I got both toplace color rings (male, female), but can't find the right color. My hair is basically a darkish blond. It's not the typical light blond hair, but a mix of blond and off-black I guess. There's no brown/red tones in my hair.

The problem is: The male color ring is all black or brown, and the woman's color ring has lots of blond colors, but not dark enough. #8 (woman's ring) is kinda close, but with no red tones and quite a bit darker/more black color (my hair is far from off-black though).

Are there any other color rings or something to order?
I need to start ordering, so I have everything well in time for the summer/autumn.
Thanks for reading. Smile

PS: Any good tips for highlights/color variances (as blondish colors are not uniform, but has soft "highlights" naturally) ? Highlights/lighter hair color in front? How many % of each?
01-09-2009, 06:58 AM,
Re: Finding the right color for my order (dark blond)
Erlend...I would send a hair sample to the factory...they are pretty much spot on when it comes to matching hair color...I had the same problem...and they matched it perfectly.Cheers
01-09-2009, 07:41 AM,
I am not sure if this helps you but I had a similar problem. I have light brown dark blond hair as well and after some trail and error my color is # 7.
01-09-2009, 08:35 AM,
JDHair Wrote:I am not sure if this helps you but I had a similar problem. I have light brown dark blond hair as well and after some trail and error my color is # 7.

#7 is too dark for me. I started going with #17 on BA's suggestion and it looks great. I think both of these colors would be too dark to be considered "blonde" though.
01-09-2009, 10:42 AM,
Thanks guys. Problem is my hair is darker in the neck and over the ears than on top, and I highlight it at top to make it look better. That way I can still have hair and look kinda ok.. I would have to look like awful for a couple of months to get a good hairsample, and being in a student enrvironment every day, that's not gonna happen. Smile

When I sent in hair samples, I first got brownish-blond hair, and then too dark (dark-brownish). It's seems these color rings focus on brownish/redish colors.
Looking at the woman's ring, I think #5 should be rather close, but I only have #4 and #6 of course.. Though, these colors seems to have hints of red in them. I think I'll email BA and ask for some hair color samples.

Details, details.. Smile

Anyway, Rods color is pretty much what I need. No brown tones though, and a tad more blackish.
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.toplace.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=342&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=j+rob+pictures&start=10">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=342&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=j+rob+pictures&start=10</a><!-- l -->