Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HT hairline with piece behind it
01-13-2009, 03:46 PM,
HT hairline with piece behind it
Does anyone here have a hair transplanted hairline and wear a piece behind it? I would think that would be the most realistic way to go if you have the money, but perhaps blending the piece into the real hair in front might be unnatural looking. Any thoughts?
01-14-2009, 04:37 AM,
Re: HT hairline with piece behind it
I don't have transplanted hair but have about 1/2 inch of real hair.
I definately helps a ton as I currently have a pretty thick hairpiece that I do not need to expose the hairline.
Waiting for my Toplace unit to come whick hopefully will allow even more realistic hairline when combined with
my natural hair. Since my current topper is a bit too much density I can have issues with my natural hair moving a bit different than my system hair. Also when I sweat, my natural hair may tend to move down on my forhead and show a minor seperation from my system. I either swipe the sweat and the hair either up or down so it looks good.
01-14-2009, 10:04 AM,
Re: HT hairline with piece behind it
I do this and I feel that it is a good option. I'm still new to the HP game so I'm still working out the kinks in my attachment, etc., but I know that I feel very glad I don't have to worry about my HP hairline showing. Attaching behind my tranplanted hair gives me a little comfort in knowing that at least that at least the front of the HP won't be detectable.
I got transplants a long time ago and recently decided that I'd like more hair in the crown and on top. So I now shave that area and attach behind about a 1.5 inch hairline. It seems to be working well for me. One of these days when I feel like I've got the whole routine down, i'll post a pic.