Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jrob Full Cap Question
01-19-2009, 04:27 PM,
Jrob Full Cap Question
Jrob...interesting that you have poor success with tape only too. I just got a new full cap of 64 lace and although it is a great unit, i am having poor results with tape only such as ST30 and Blue Liner. The hold is pathetic. Problem is also that I am having trouble using just glue because it is so difficult to get the glue line just right all around my head, especially the back of the head, to line up with the glue...glue line is either too short or too long, even though I mark it. Too short, then I have to spend way to much time adding glue to the back of my head, and too long, then hair sticks to it, and a pain to remove the stuck hair. Let's face it...too dofficult for one person to do the back of the head around the nape by one's self, using mirror or not.

Therefore, I am wondering what glue placement technique you use. I'm also giving serious thought to going back to thinkskin perimeter on the next units...yes, detection is a problem with thinkskin (high edges), but a secure attachment is not a problem like it is with tape on lace.
01-19-2009, 04:54 PM,
Re: Jrob Full Cap Question
I don't have any problems with hold using blue liner all the way to the edge of the base at the nape in the back, and in the front using it behind the hairline with glue at the very edge.

I don't know what it was with the all tape attachment, but it was super easy to peel off my head after a few days.