Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full caps in hot climate areas?
01-19-2009, 09:23 PM,
Full caps in hot climate areas?
I have a fairly active life style and live in the south where it can get hot in the summers, so I was wondering how do full caps fair in this type of climate? How about the comfort? I also go to the gym 3-4 times a week and do a lot of cardio. Can a full cap withstand all of this and still feel comfortable?
01-20-2009, 04:06 AM,
Re: Full caps in hot climate areas?
baldingsucks Wrote:I have a fairly active life style and live in the south where it can get hot in the summers, so I was wondering how do full caps fair in this type of climate? How about the comfort? I also go to the gym 3-4 times a week and do a lot of cardio. Can a full cap withstand all of this and still feel comfortable?

With lace its pretty much the same as your own hair.

I will say that although I prefer french lace, swiss is a bit more comfy. Also, it's less comfortable when they ventilate bigger knots, so if you are going for a higher density it might get a little itchy from time to time. Does for me anyway. Overall no big deal though.

Depending upon your body chemistry you might have to use stronger tapes and/or Ultrahold glue if you do a lot of sweating. Also might have to remove sooner than you would like, but then again some guys go to the gym regularly and still get a two week attachment. I'm so jealous!
01-20-2009, 12:52 PM,
I wear one in Texas. Yes, it is hot in Texas and if working or playing outside in the heat of summer then it can be uncomfortable and itchy with a full cap, but tolerable. I make sure I wash the full cap more in the summer to (1) keep it from have a sweat smell (2) protect against bacteria buildup especially staph. I also remove it more often to allow my scalp to breathe. No problems at all in cooler months.
01-21-2009, 09:46 AM,
I've worn one 24/7 for several years now in very hot and humid conditions - up to 44C here in Australia in summer, and in steamy SE Asia. Lace is fine but not skin bases as the sweat just builds up underneath. Tape is also the most durable in these conditions. With the lace units you don't know they're there most of the time.