Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my full cap photos
01-27-2009, 12:32 PM,
Re: my full cap photos
The specs are all Swiss lace, 65% density, color #3 ash, no gray, medium wave, freestyle ventilation

As far as the downside to full caps, let me address that in a different thread right now.
01-27-2009, 12:36 PM,
oh, I forgot the attachment method. All glue (Ultrahold) for perimeter. No tape, except for one small piece about 3 inches behind the front hairline. With the hair so short and the density so thin at the nape area and the sideburns, tape actually shows through in those areas. Confusedhock:
02-01-2009, 12:01 PM,
Did you order you full cap draw template without shaving your head? I have thought about a full cap but don't want to be completely bald waiting on a unit to get to me.

macmike
02-01-2009, 06:53 PM,
MacMike...I just wet my very thin sides and nape hair and it probably didn't add any significant volume to my template.
02-06-2009, 06:55 AM,
I appreciate the comments, Supo. I am not totally sure I understand exactly what you mean by "upper front temples - and - the distance from the temples from front to back" and "I think if you brought the temples forward and made the ear part shorter cut..."

Unfortunately, I don't have the vocabulary needed to describe these things as precisely as desirable. I understand the words "temple point" to be the point on the sides hairline that most juts out toward the middle of the face (i.e., toward the nose). When you say "upper front temples", do you mean the curve that goes from the temple point to the end of the front hairline? And when you say to bring the temples forward, do you mean to make the temple points more toward the middle of the face (closer to the nose)? That way, the angle from the temple point to the end of the front hairline would be less vertical than it currently is. Am I understanding you correctly?

Also, when you say "the area in front of the ear needs to be a little less density for about a half inch back", do you mean that the hair in between the ear and the temple point needs to be a little less dense for about a half inch from the "hairline" toward the back of the head??
02-06-2009, 07:23 AM,
I'm planning on visiting dino for a couple of days after the UK convention, and we're gonna try to do a collaboration on a new unit for him.

I keep trying to talk him into getting a stylist to do a cut-in and maybe even....wait for it......USE SOME STYLING PRODUCT!

Seriously though, I wish I had an extra set of eyes guiding MY stylists. They both do a great job but there are a few little tips and tricks a stylist can use to help improve the realism of a full cap.

We're going to try to get a stylist to give him a new cut. He does a fine job of cutting his own units but there's no substitute for a stylist who can add texture to the hair.

I think I have finally got him to crack...we shall see......
02-06-2009, 12:30 PM,
Yeah JRob..We're gonna get me some product and a stylist and do this thing up. Meanwhile, it's working out just fine. I just like to hear people's comments. I don't think we can see ourselves objectively. We need others to point out our blind spots sometimes.
02-06-2009, 05:19 PM,
Ermm hows about posting all the photos on here instead of a website you have to register on, Ya muppet.
02-07-2009, 04:15 AM,
Not sure why I'm getting called a muppet. I did try to post the photos on the site directly and it didn't work. Then I requested for you to help me with posting the photos (see the 'Ask BA'
thread) and didn't hear back. Check that thread, mate. I thought I was being resourceful.
02-07-2009, 04:23 AM,
I took the photos down for now. I'll post some new ones in the future.