Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*Pics* 68% Freestyle/Flatback Front *Pics*
02-02-2009, 11:10 AM,
Re: *Pics* 68% Freestyle/Flatback Front *Pics*
That looks like a great job Snipe - well done!!

So you tried a full cap without shaving the sides? I was thinking of doing that. but not recommended? anyway looks great to me.

will you go full cap soon do you think? your sides are still good enough to pull it off, and you are using the "side curtains" just like me Smile
02-02-2009, 11:48 AM,
I shaved my sides down but 2 week attachments, my hair would grow pretty fast, the hold was awesome but the tape created a tough hold and mess where my side hair grew.
02-02-2009, 12:59 PM,
Somewhat reminiscent of the Brendan Fraser look. I believe he and John Travolta suffer from the same problem.
Rather than falling naturally across their foreheads, the hair of their bangs is swept to either side of a center part as if the strands were magentically opposed. You half expect to see Moses standing there with a raised staff or something.
02-02-2009, 02:07 PM,
With the exception of the always calls-it-as-he-sees-it Hairykrishna, I'm surprised by all the thumbs up posts. I honestly don't know whether to take these posters at their word.

I'm not trying to be unkind. I'm offering my opinion with all due respect. Unfortunately, this piece, at least as pictured here, doesn't strike me as at all natural-looking. In fact, quite the opposite.

A few flecks of gray hair notwithstanding, the hair color is several shades darker than the eyebrows or the few stingy wisps of natural side burn hair. On my monitor, which I've found to be very reliable, the color looks almost shoe polish black, at least contrasted to the skin pallor on the forehead and temples and the first telltales of age spots.
02-02-2009, 02:23 PM,
Post your pics or shut up.

Ah, but you are just a coward who hides behind his keyboard I bet. Pics will prove you are a man so post some.

Dude I've been wearing a while and have never even come close to getting busted.

I didn't post for advice because I don't need it.

I posted so people could see what those specs look like.
02-02-2009, 02:31 PM,
Sorry, Snipe, I wasn't trying to touch a nerve (though clearly I have). And I don't wear so I've no pics to post, but I appreciate you doing so.

You may not be asking for advice, but this message board is frequented by lots of people, myself included, who are considering wearing, so my comments are offered for them as much as you. If you're not interested in them, fine, but I won't apologize for sharing my opinion, which I tried to do in a respectful, if unvarnished, manner. It's not always easy (or possible, it seems) to express a point of view without unintentionally hurting someone's feelings.

Peace.
02-02-2009, 02:57 PM,
Didn't touch a nerve, I'm just up front that's all.

If you wore you would know how difficult it is to judge a total look with hair only shots, that's why I never give any advice to other wearers.

And my girl is in a popular calendar, been seeing her about 8 months now. She has no idea I wear and is always giving me comps on my hair and styles.

Closest I get to getting busted is by my 9 year old cousin trying to braid my hair.
02-02-2009, 02:58 PM,
bangless: you are of course entitled to your opinion. However.... your opinion is wrong lol.

Yes the hair could use a little gray and the density could be a little lighter, and maybe just maybe the hair could be a tiny shade browner, but this isn't going to make that big of a difference. This is pretty solid. If you don't think this is acceptable then don't bother ever wearing. Be bald and bangless. The fact that you think his hairline is too low says that you haven't a clue. look at the wrinkles in his head, and where the hairline is? It's perfectly positioned.
02-02-2009, 03:15 PM,
NotGuilty Wrote:bangless: you are of course entitled to your opinion. However.... your opinion is wrong lol.

Yes the hair could use a little gray and the density could be a little lighter, and maybe just maybe the hair could be a tiny shade browner, but this isn't going to make that big of a difference. This is pretty solid. If you don't think this is acceptable then don't bother ever wearing. Be bald and bangless. The fact that you think his hairline is too low says that you haven't a clue. look at the wrinkles in his head, and where the hairline is? It's perfectly positioned.

It's because of the forehead wrinkles and the age it suggests that I think the hairline is too low. But seeing the whole package maybe I'd think differently.
02-02-2009, 03:18 PM,
The forehead isn't wrinkled cuz he's old! He's just lifting his eyebrows up. Can' you see that?

I'm all for constructive criticism but I think you are out of the realm of reasonable crtique.