Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advantage and disadvantages of all ST-30 attachment
02-03-2009, 12:34 PM,
Advantage and disadvantages of all ST-30 attachment
Hey guys, just wondering what the advantages and disadvantages were of an all st-30 tape attachment?

How long would you generally expect the hold to be?

Is there any reason why an all tape attachment would not be recommended?

Thanks.
02-03-2009, 01:10 PM,
Re: Advantage and disadvantages of all ST-30 attachment
Also, what is the strength of the hold like i.e. when having a shower, does it loosen? Can you swim with an all st-30 attachment with no problems?
02-04-2009, 04:21 AM,
When my piece was NEW .. and had a much fuller density ...
For one two week attachment, I had a full, taped, ST-30 attachment ...
(even along the front, combed back, exposed hairline)
It was literally heaven .. The best attachment EVER !!

As time went on, and the piece started the natural process
of shedding ... the density in front (exposed hairline) .. couldn't
hide the tape enough to get right to the edge on the front hairline ...

Matter of fact, the second time my stylist had tried it ..
the ST-30 tape in a few days on the front hairline area ..
rose a bit off my scalp .. like a piece of bread rising
in the oven

... and there .. sitting on my front hairline ... was this
elevated bit ... of what looked like liquid clear plastic ..
with hair growing out of it .. very noticeable...

But ...

If I didn't expose the front hairline and could get away
with it ... I would use nothing but ST-30 ......

I hope Debbie or other vendors are selling enough
of this product to make it profitable for the manufacturers
to keep this product in production for years to
come....
02-06-2009, 05:17 PM,
If ST30 works for you like it works for me mate, Your laughing, Easy to apply strong hold and clean up is a doddle.

Debbie now has a tape especially for the front with no shine whatsover so you can use that on the front hairline if you prefer tape, I have tried this tape and got to say I was very suprised of how it held and how undetechtable the tape was, How times have changed Confusedhock:
02-06-2009, 05:44 PM,
thecount Wrote:For one two week attachment, I had a full, taped, ST-30 attachment ...

I wish I had the same results with ST-30. My attachment keeps coming off after about 1-2 days. Dont know if I got to clean the piece more or maybe use a scalp protector but it just does'nt seem to last.. :? Ultra hold works for about 2-3 days and it starts to let go of the lace a bit too..
I'm waiting for the day that I can get a one week attachement with anything really..will try st-30 this weekend again...
02-07-2009, 02:29 AM,
BA707 Wrote:Debbie now has a tape especially for the front with no shine whatsover so you can use that on the front hairline if you prefer tape, I have tried this tape and got to say I was very suprised of how it held and how undetechtable the tape was, How times have changed Confusedhock:

Is that the Walker Tape?

Also, being a newbie to the game, I had applied with ST-30 & Walker in the front. When I dettached ( with 70% Alchol no less!), it just came up like that sticky stuff they use to attach your new credit card to the paper with. BREEZE! Not having any other frame of reference, other tapes don't come up near as easy? What to avoid, then?
02-07-2009, 06:27 AM,
Search the old forum if you really want st 30 to work for you.

There's much more useful info there on this subject than you'll get here.

The pro's aren't going to post on this over and over again.

Do your research then post back here.
02-07-2009, 06:45 AM,
justerxr Wrote:
thecount Wrote:For one two week attachment, I had a full, taped, ST-30 attachment ...

I wish I had the same results with ST-30. My attachment keeps coming off after about 1-2 days. Dont know if I got to clean the piece more or maybe use a scalp protector but it just does'nt seem to last.. :? Ultra hold works for about 2-3 days and it starts to let go of the lace a bit too..
I'm waiting for the day that I can get a one week attachement with anything really..will try st-30 this weekend again...

Are you sure that you are using 99% alcohol. I used to get only a 1 day attachment with white glue( this was when i started wearing) until I realised that I was using a citrus based solvent fot releasing the lace!!! :oops: :oops:

Another thing to check is whether you have the real ST30 tape ( only debbie sells this AFAIK)

The scalp and the base of the piece should be absolutely free of pure or any other solvents.

This is my technique.
Its probably going to be very controversial and I expect many negative comments. But it works for me though.
SCALP
1 clean scalp with Pure and some paper towels ( NO WATER AT THIS STAGE)
2 APPLY SHAMPOO ON glue+ pure on scalp and lather. Now you can shower.Repeat 2 or 3 times till all the traces of pure are gone.
3 dry scalp.
4 spray some 99% alcohol on scalp(Stings a wee bit though and clean with a paper towel.
5 let all the alcohol dry
6 Apply scalp protector and let it dry naturally

HAIR PIECE

1. Detach from scalp with 99% alcohol
2. LET IT DRY. Or use a hairdryer on the base( scalp side) of the piece. ( Not directly on hair)
3. DO the magazine slide. ( Magazine/mirror slide works better when the glue is dry)
and get as much glue out of the piece as possible.
4. Spray 99% alcohol on the base( scalp side of piece).
5. Take an old bath towel. Put the towel on a table and gently rub on it with the lace side facing the towel. DO not keep the piece on a table with the base up and do this. The melted glue will get into the hair and mess up the piece. Use gravity to your advantage. Be very gentle with this technique . Otherwise you will lose hair from the piece.
6. Shampoo and condition the piece.
7. repeat the 99% to the underside of the piece technique. DO NOT SPRAY 99% on hair at any time!!!
8.Ensure that all the alcohol has evaporated from the Base.

NOW apply the ST30 to the base of your Piece and Bobs your uncle.

I get a 3 week hold with ST30 using this technique Wink
02-07-2009, 02:50 PM,
UKDoctor;
I love your forum picture. ha ha ha.
hope all is well with you. I look forward to seeing you again in May.
DebbieS.
02-08-2009, 06:03 AM,
DebbieS. Wrote:UKDoctor;
I love your forum picture. ha ha ha.
hope all is well with you. I look forward to seeing you again in May.
DebbieS.

thanks debbie. I'll be there.