Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to this
02-04-2010, 12:14 AM,
New to this
Hi guys (and gals), this is my first post. I'm in my early 20's and have been receding and thinning a bit since I turned 18. I also have a big forehead to begin with. About this time last year I had medium-length hair which I have since buzzed down to about an inch. When my hair was longer I would comb it forward so as to maintain a more youthful/boyish look with less forehead and temple showing but I sort of felt that while this was an good look from afar, it may have been a bit comb-over-esque when viewed up close. I also hate how no matter what length my hair is, I need to meticulously style it to look good, which becomes easily ruined due to the wind or laying my head down. This is partially due to the fact that in addition to everything else going wrong, I have a mighty cowlick. I thought it would be a really good idea to have the longer, combed forward look with something like a partial underneath the front in order to bring in my temples and lower my perceived hairline by an inch or so. I wouldn't even want to expose the hairline of this partial, but rather just have it's hairs coming down/forward like the hairs behind it.

I was wondering if people thought this was possible and, if so, how can I do it? I have no experience. I was wondering:

What is the best material for placing over slick areas?

Do I order something and just cut it myself to match my hairline?

And how do I pick the right color? (I have dirty blond, almost light brown hair that I would be willing to highlight to help conceal and color differences)

Any advice and guidance would be greatly appreciated!

=)
02-04-2010, 07:45 AM,
Re: New to this
When i was young, in my early 20's late teens, I had a high forehead that was receding. It didnt look right on me, and I tried to use a comb down style to conceal it. On top of that I had pretty nappy hair. My first system was a front partial. Just to lower my hairline a little bit and it made a world of difference.

None of this is super complicated. You would make a template of the exact shape of hairline and coverage you want. You just send them a small hair sample of your real hair, and they match the color. I believe you can even order different highlights as well.

I ordered a lace front partial way back and it worked well for me. You could cut the hair in yourself, or you can go get it cut in. Since it is just a partial, I do not think it would be too complicated. most people prefer lace because it is light and undetectable. You should just go through the FAQ's and read up on all the basics and all your questions will be solved most likely.

regards