Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll
02-12-2009, 01:35 PM,
Re: Poll
Its the GTBG spike glue.I first put on the Labella spike glue,and while its still wet,I put on the
GTBG.The trick is to get hair unit on before the glues dry.I l wait a few minutes and on it goes.
Let the hair unit dry with the glue,on your head.Trust me,when done correct the bond is very strong.
It might take a few times but you will get it.The freeze spray is a great first skin before using
NextGen glue.The stuff dries in a minutes.Its a poor mans scalp protector.
02-12-2009, 05:36 PM,
I hear you man. .the freeze spray is also good for putting on after the glue.. it makes it non sticky and all.

Have you tried basebond? Im curious why you mix the two spiking glues. Which one is stronger? cant u just use the strongest of the two?

regards
02-13-2009, 03:30 PM,
The trick to using the Got2BeGlued spray is to spray enough into a cup or onto a paper plate so you have a small puddle, then use something to dab it where you need it. It stays liquid longer, and you can figure out by trial and error how tacky it should be at the time you press the lace into it.

Spraying it directly onto your head makes it dry very quickly and leaves it virtually useless. You don't get enough liquid to imbed the lace into, and the propellant in the can makes the liquid dry up pretty fast. It's the liquid portion of it you want to use.

I've never had much luck with the stuff in the tube for attaching lace.

My favorite tool for applying Got2BeGlued as a liquid is a doggy toothbrush:

[Image: lg_6567_FS8201D.jpg]

It's the lollypop stick looking thing leaning against the bottle in that picture. A bit of green sponge on a stick, perfect for dipping in the glue and putting it right where it has to go. I buy them here:

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/pr...pcatid=507
02-13-2009, 03:59 PM,
I just tried the freeze glue like you outlined,and it wont take to my head.Glues are very strange,
what works for me might not work for you,and likewise.The GTBG in the tube is like cement when its dry
with the lace,on my head.I do like those puppy sponges.I have found that by mixing the two glues,
the GTBG and Labella,I get a outrageous hold,very stong.Short term,as strong as my high dollar white glue.
One thing is for sure,very smart people on this forum.They look outside the box.They try ideas and tips
and pass the results for all to see.One huge plus to using any of the GTBG types of glues,No Desovlit!!!!!
I hate that stuff.When I first started with Toplace I only used ultra hold glue,and it was real work.
02-13-2009, 06:42 PM,
hmm. I will take both of your recommendations and try both methods. thanks so much guys. Excellent tips. I havent really liked the got2b spray because it didnt give that great of a hold. But i will try it in a cup with the sponge.

I will also try mixing the two spiking glues. I just attached with the got2bglued spike glue on an all skin unit, and the attachment was pretty secure. taking it off actually hurt a little bit. i had to put some hot water in there to get it to come off without ripping my hair out.

I think experimenting with these things is really great. Especially for those who dont want a 29 month bond and messy clean up. When it is that easy, I really dont mind changing it every day or two. But i would like to also know a good glue that is easier to clean up then the rest.

basebond vs nextgen? any ideas?

oh and btw, it was SUPER windy in ny today. 50 to 70 mph wind gusts. and i had no insecurity about my attachment. i knew that wind wasnt making it go anywhere. Only thing iw ould worry about, since i never tried it, is sweating alot with this attachment. Not sure how it would hold up. but today it held like CEMENT.
02-15-2009, 06:03 AM,
Yesterday I sprayed some GTBG freeze spary into a small cup and added some GTBG spiking glue and mixed
them both up with a makeup sponge.I put some on my head and let it set up for a minute,then put on my
all SFS .This thing is on like cement!I slept with my hair on and its still on like cement.The cool thing is I am going to take a shower and my hair unit will come off and I can clean it with only WATER.Two day holds ,no desolvit,
on like cement now,super easy clean up,no tape,do the math.I am pulling on my front hair now and its not
coming off,very nice.If I pull any harder I will rip the lace.
02-15-2009, 07:32 AM,
so is the got2glued freeze spray and cement mix ur new favorite mixture? I hope so cause those two i have. :-)..

i am trying a sample of basebond right now to see how that is, I was told it is an easy clean as far as a glue goes
02-20-2009, 05:54 AM,
i tried basebond with my sklin unit and i have to say it really was a hard and shitty clean up maybe its good on lace only
02-20-2009, 10:49 AM,
Meandean...when you say you let it set for a minute, do you mean that the spiking glue has to dry first before you apply the lace unit to your scalp? The other guy RD said the spiking glue needs to be wet. Am I understanding you correctly?
02-20-2009, 06:18 PM,
I tried attaching my super thin skin unit with Got2B Unstoppable paste (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.folica.com/got2b_Unstoppab_d4505.html?s_cid=shp_001899">http://www.folica.com/got2b_Unstoppab_d ... shp_001899</a><!-- m -->). All around but try to apply 1/2 inch away from edges (front and back) as you do not want the sticky feeling (run down your face if you sweat a lot). Apply a thin coat (not literally, though) all over and then attach to your scalp, it stays on your scalp as if you are using tapes (not like glue, of course). It is better to use this kind of paste than any tapes or glues (if not too tacky/strong) on super thin skin or cleaning would be a hassle (super thin skin is fragile). With the paste, I removed the unit every night (shampoo and scrub my scalp once every 3 days - don't scrub too much or too often as the more you scrub the more active your sebaceous glad becomes) and spray some water all over the skin (the unit) the next morning and put it on (it stays as if I've just applied a brand new coat of Unstoppable paste but I did not add any - water only). I was doing that 4 days in a row without adding more paste and I got to clean my scalp every night and sleep without the system on. It takes me less than 5 mins to put the thin skin on every morning. Life has never been easier Wink

As for Poly, you may have to use a bit of glue at the front since it is thicker and Unstoppable did not work as well as on super thin skin. It may work for you. Try it and your comments are very much appreciated. Paste is only good for normal day (without vigorous activities), definitely not for rainy or stormy day (no one can predict that). So, it is still advisable to apply a bit of glue at the front (or even the back) just to make sure that you will not feel the "wind" on your scalp (the system may be gone).

I tried Mastix P Spirit Gum the other day. Heard a lot of good reviews about it and thought I should give it a shot but somehow it did not work for me AT ALL. I mean not on lace. Not sure why it contains alcohol. Mastix P Remover was strong (the BURNING sensation....may be I cleaned my scalp with alcohol prior to that). Also tried the RCMA matte lace adhesive, it dries too quickly. It is really MATTE (no shine AT ALL) and hairline looks perfectly natural. The only thing is that you got to be quick, REAL QUICK....apply and then attach (press down firmly but make sure your finger or comb is dry). Can't apply too much though otherwise the lace will show some white stuff and cleaning was not so easy (maybe I applied too much). It takes some time to make things work perfectly fine. I will give these two products a try again next time when I am not in a rush.

Anybody knows how to apply Mastix P Spirit Gum, such as how much to apply (1 or 2 thin coats) and how long I should wait before attaching the unit? Any input as to RCMA matte lace adhesive?

Thank you.