Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wearing hair - not for everyone...
02-28-2009, 03:43 AM,
Re: Wearing hair - not for everyone...
in reply, I have struggled with proper wearing and under huge stress for at least 6 months before i get things right

1) at first, i can't attach well, because lace always create these bubble.. it takes a bit of time to figure out the proper way of taping it, no gaps etc.. i was so depressed the days i go to work and find out i have a bubble on my head.. wishing nobody find out
2) and then it was inconsistent hairline position... i wasn't even using alcohol99% before attaching.. so if i got it wrong at first, i m screwed!! not until recently, i figure this out watching some video, and i can re-adjust my position so easily.. the hairline way more consistent.. but ya.. it took me 6 months to figure this out.
3) and then it is the maintenance, it used to take me up to 2 hours to take it off, clean it, and re-attach it, maybe 3 hours somtime... very very tiring after 8 hours of fulltime work... now i figured out ways to do everything in 30 minutes or so... maybe shorter... it is like an art
4) i was upset at the beginning that my scalp isn't clean... so hard to wash it thru the system yet i dont want frequent attachment it is too tedious. so i figured to use 1 day tape just for the back so i can lift and clean the whole scalp every day.. feel great... took me 6 months to figure this out tho
5) then it is the itchiness... wasn't cleaning and preparing my scalp properly.. got to try out different product to suit you

plus, many tricks i picked up such as hair cut-in (DYI), maintenance, styling and such... it is an art and i have to say i m still learning... i just ordered another piece from TL and going to try something new... it is stressful but it will pay off.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Wearing hair - not for everyone... - emery - 02-28-2009, 03:43 AM