Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wearing hair - not for everyone...
02-28-2009, 02:08 AM,
Re: Wearing hair - not for everyone...
Stu Pidasell Wrote:I'm 50/50 about reading your post. On one hand, I'm disappointed that after reading a lot of positive reviews and success stories, someone had a bad experience trying to wear a system. On the other hand, I'm glad to hear the honesty and support from the community here that it can be trial/error at first but there are plenty of people around to help you get through it.

The only people who will tell you this is a flawless process are the crooks at hair clubs. There are ups and downs. But baldness is something that we can't help; it has happened to us, and we have to accept it, face the facts and move on.

Hair replacement is, imho, a positive way to deal with hairloss. It's not flawless, but there are NO easy or flawless options once you lose your hair. The advertisers will tell you that certain things are the ultimate perfection and will make your life perfect, but they all lie to sell you a product. Bottom line is that you were unlucky in the genetics and there is no quick fix that works for the rest of your life. Meds are dangerous (don't even get me started), transplants are too expensive and don't always give good results (and in the long term, there seems to be issues, you may need to go back a few times)... and I can't see any of this hair cloning stuff coming to fruition in the near future, and even if it did - price would reflect demand! ...which leaves hair replacement.

IMO, HR is the best option by a long shot. You won't get better than this, and you won't look as good as this using ANY other technique, and I can guarantee you that. And if you keep up the maintenance and DIY, it will work as a long term solution without any serious problems down the line. For me, this is the ultimate thing for a bald person - you get the hair you've always wanted and you do maintenance on your own terms, when you like, where you like. The systems aren't overly expensive either, and neither are the accessories. Not to mention all the support in these forums.

It simply doesn't get much better than this, and it won't for a very long time I would wager Smile

Messages In This Thread
Re: Wearing hair - not for everyone... - Mr.Burns - 02-28-2009, 02:08 AM