Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wearing hair - not for everyone...
02-25-2009, 03:35 AM,
Re: Wearing hair - not for everyone...
You know, I have to be honest, but it is a little frustrating reading your post. A lot of people, like Mean and myself, would do anything to be able to just shave our heads and be free. Unfortunately we cannot do that due to scarring and such. Also, some people just like terrible with a shaved head. You don't so consider yourself lucky.

Acceptance is one thing that has been forced upon me because the alternative isn't an option - I simply *have* to wear. I guess it makes it easier knowing I have no choice. My options are to wear hair or lock myself into a closet and waste my life away. The choice seems obvious. It's really a life or death matter.

Yes hair wearing isn't for everyone. Of course, it should also be said that you can't give wearing hair 2 weeks before you decide it's not for you. It takes work to get good at wearing. Once you get good and you know it looks and feels completely natural it does amazing things to your self confidence. When you look in the mirror and look like yourself again after so many years of worrying, being depressed and looking like crap, it's like the sun shining after years of darkess. It's a great feeling. At least there is an option that 99% of people wouldn't even know about and if they did they would probably only think things like "wow, it looks great, I can't believe that's a wig!" But then again, who cares what someone thinks anyway. You don't do it for them, you do it for yourself

Messages In This Thread
Re: Wearing hair - not for everyone... - NotGuilty - 02-25-2009, 03:35 AM