Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How accurate does the template need to be?
02-27-2009, 04:55 PM,
How accurate does the template need to be?
If the stylist can cut the unit to the right size when doing the cut-in then is it necessary to try and make the template size an exact match??
I've never worn before and I guess I'd rather order the template a bit too big rather than too small. Or maybe I will order a stock piece.
02-28-2009, 03:58 AM,
Re: How accurate does the template need to be?
I have a template that is pretty accurate but sometimes I place is slightly to one side or a bit too forward.
It stills seems to work ok as you can get a little wiggle room for it to look good. If I lifted the hair on the side I might perhaps see a slight gap if I did not cover perfectly. No big deal as your hair has gaps or thinness in it anyway.
02-28-2009, 10:20 AM,
I'd rather have it a bit too large than too small.
02-28-2009, 10:48 AM,
But I mean there's no harm in ordering it a bit bigger, is there? Like the units are not too delicate to change the shape a bit if needed?
02-28-2009, 11:26 AM,
Closer2Free Wrote:But I mean there's no harm in ordering it a bit bigger, is there? Like the units are not too delicate to change the shape a bit if needed?

Thats one of the best things about lace....you can easily chop it up any way you want. The hairline you have to be careful with, but even that can be modified with the right technique.
02-28-2009, 03:35 PM,
JRob Wrote:
Closer2Free Wrote:But I mean there's no harm in ordering it a bit bigger, is there? Like the units are not too delicate to change the shape a bit if needed?

Thats one of the best things about lace....you can easily chop it up any way you want. The hairline you have to be careful with, but even that can be modified with the right technique.

Thats good to hear! Would that include a poly base? I may go with that my first time, not sure.
03-01-2009, 06:32 AM,
sometimes if u make it SLIGHTLY smaller then ur balding area, it gives u the ability to slightly stretch the system over your head for a tight and secure fit. talking about very slight. 1/3rd to 1/5th of an inch
03-04-2009, 03:30 PM,
Thanks for all the advice. I decided to go with a TL250 French. It will have the poly on the sides and back for easier attachment. If the template is a tad too big would I have to cut into the poly to make the piece smaller? I don't want to ruin the poly either. I'm just not sure cuz I've never ordered a system before.
Thanks so much.
03-05-2009, 01:58 AM,
Xeon005 Wrote:sometimes if u make it SLIGHTLY smaller then ur balding area, it gives u the ability to slightly stretch the system over your head for a tight and secure fit. talking about very slight. 1/3rd to 1/5th of an inch

I honestly don't recommend this. What you've said is right, it gives a nice tight fit. But once I had a system like that and it started to shrink a little bit (sometimes they do this), and it left a "bald line" all along the side of my head, cos the hairpiece wouldn't come down to meet my hair anymore!

Always get a bigger template, that's my tuppence!
03-10-2009, 11:20 AM,
biginjapan Wrote:i have a question similar to this one-

so it is safe to give more of a roundabout figure when sending in measurments for your template given the fact that the system will be cut and modified by a professional...that is, better off having more and cut off the excess than having too little

for example, say the measurements on both sites (front to back and side to side) are , for argument's sake, 8 inches and 5 inches- would it be safe to submit a order with the measurements, of say, 9.5 inches and 6 inches?

thanx

Hi biginjapan,
From what I've learned on here, it IS possible to order the piece too big as opposed to too small. However, if it has a poly perimeter like the TL150 and TL250 then I don't believe you can since you would have to cut into the poly. If I'm wrong about this someone please correct me.

To get the hair unit cut to the right size you can ask the stylist beforehand if s/he is comfortable and experienced in cutting units appropriately. (some may be comfortable with it, while others don't want to do anything other than glue it to your head, and some will say they can cut it down to size but will still screw it up).

But not sure how to go about filling out the order form to get a stock unit as opposed to one based on your template.