Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Travolta outed....again (photos)
02-12-2010, 02:55 PM,
John Travolta outed....again (photos)
Readers of this forum are aware of John Travolta's hair systems. Here's the latest on him:

John Travolta finds himself in a hairy situation as mesh piece reveals possible battle with baldness
BY Cristina Everett
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Thursday, February 11th 2010, 7:13 PM

Langlois/GettyJohn Travolta couldn’t hide the grid attached to his mane as he was pictured in Paris. Related NewsArticlesJohn Travolta: Scientology helped me survive Jett's deathJohn Travolta flying plane to Haiti to deliver supplies, medics to assist in earthquake reliefJohn Travolta has found himself in the middle of meshy situation.

The actor, whose changing hairline has been widely speculated to be the result of a hair piece, showed what appears to be his battle with baldness as he and wife Kelly Preston were pictured leaving their Paris hotel on Tuesday, the Daily Mail reports.

And no thanks to the flashing cameras surrounding him, the 55-year-old actor couldn’t hide the revealing grid attached to his thick mane.

The mesh is apparently used in hair weaving treatments used to help those with thinning hair. A patient’s own hair is commonly threaded through the mesh, which is attached to the scalp in an effort to help it grow.

This is not the first time Travolta’s hair has been the topic of discussion.

According to the Daily Mail, the actor was pictured completely bald while in Paris in November 2008, but debuted a full head of hair just a few days later.

Though the actor has never admitted is using any type of follicle treatments, he recently discussed his enjoyment in playing a bald character in his new movie, "From Paris With Love."

"[I like it] a lot, because it's a bald look and it allows me freedom to be bald," he said. "Just like in Pulp Fiction, this unusual kind of Dutch haircut gave me a kind of Euro-trash feeling to the character, this hero hit man."
Related Topics

Read more: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2010/02/11/2010-02-11_john_travolta_finds_himself_in_a_hairy_situation_as_mesh_piece_reveals_possible_.html#ixzz0fHmpoge9">http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2010/ ... z0fHmpoge9</a><!-- m -->[attachment=0]

Attached Files Image(s)

02-12-2010, 11:23 PM,
Re: John Travolta outed....again (photos)
I just don't think he cares. The man could afford a full time stylist to travel with him if he wanted to help conceal his piece.What annoys me with Travolta is he only gives those who feel hair pieces are ALWAYS detectable crowds some credibility. There really is no excuse for this sort of stuff. John, his wife, his manager, anyone who see's him should spot it and bring it to his attention before he faces the cameras. John at this point should just shave his head and stop wearing.
02-13-2010, 02:43 AM,
Marc,

I think you're being a little hard on John. If he didn't care I think he'd just admit to wearing. I don't think he's done that. I'm guessing he's been wearing since the mid-90s, at least.

I had been wearing hair about 10 years when I saw John Travolta in the new movie Phenomenon. As I sat in the theater, I felt jealous, wishing I had the kind of genetics Travolta did. Never had a clue as a hair-wearer that Travolta wore. They even make a hairpiece joke about one of the other characters in that movie!

I think Travolta fooled most people for a long, long time. I still think only a small percentage really know he's wearing.

From what I understand, those papparazzi cameras are amazing. They even pick up the pores on people's faces. When you have a slicked back hair-style, there's only so much one can do. That style is subject to all sorts of lights.

Actually, I've wondered if Travolta will stay bald, now that he's unveiled himself in this movie.

At any rate, there's an old saying. You can't fool all the people all the time.
02-13-2010, 04:00 AM,
I wouldn't be so hard on him if this were the only picture there was. However,There are so many pics of him showing lace.I naturally assume someone with his money and the fact he is seen in the public so much that he would be more careful and concerned.Nothing really personal though. I like his movies and think he is a generous humanitarian.
02-20-2010, 05:22 AM,
'John at this point should just shave his head and stop wearing.'

Not really your place to say such things.

I'm not sure how long John has been wearing hair for. Maybe it has been 10 years. Celebrities cop the biggest flack for everything they do. I doubt anyone would notice this amount of lace in real life. So glad I am not famous!

It's common knowledge that John wears hair - as common as it comes with wearing hair. But seriously, how many people do you think care, or go out of their way to seek this information? I don't care if celebs get fake tanes, fake nails or boob jobs. If some are obvious I might look at em and go hmmm. I don't catalogue celebs with artificial beautifying though. Put it in perspective. He doesn't have to make it undetectable 100% of the time. Sure, he may not care to openly say that he sports a piece. But I doubt he's living with delusions it's 100% undetectable, and that noone knows he wears. Hell, I've seen him walking around with a short hairdo in public. I don't think he's doing everything in his power to make it undetectable. Most people look at him and see a fullhead of hair and think geez lucky guy. And that's what he's aiming for. He doesn't need a stylist to walk around watching his hairline all day with a swab of glue ready.
02-20-2010, 08:35 AM,
I really wonder if it is common knowledge that Travolta wears. I don't think his piece reaches anywhere near the public awareness of a Shatner or Reynolds.

I bet I could go around work and ask people, " Do you think Travolta wears a hairpiece?" I bet every one of them would look up surprised at such a question. They might think about it after that, but probably most never read or heard about the issue.

The reason I think most are oblivious to Travolta is because I do a radio morning show-- so we deal with celebrity talk all the time. Never has a caller mentioned Travolta wearing. Never heard a snicker about him. In my life, it seems the people who really are aware of hairpieces tend to be guys who are balding. For pretty much everyone else, it's just not something that either that important, or memorable, unless the piece is really bad.

I don't think Travolta's pieces are bad. I think he did a pretty darn good of fooling almost everyone for years, until the advent of toupee hunters on the internet. Smile
02-20-2010, 08:41 AM,
Well it only proves that you must learn to do it yourself if you care to be 100% undetectable. NO one other is going to be behind you all the time. Maybe his "super top celebrity stylist" will do it great 5 times but 6 time she wont and you must know to do it if you care. Only you can make it great for yourself no one other can. Sad but true .... money cant buy evrything . Stylist are humans too
02-20-2010, 09:35 AM,
Andry,
You're SO right.....gotta learn to do it yourself and not rely on others.
Regards,
John