Got2b Stress Test Results
03-19-2009, 01:23 AM,
Got2b Stress Test Results
Base: All lace
Attachment: All Got2b Spiking Glue
Product: Paul Mitchell Wax Works
Conditions: High intensity cardio, High intensity resistance training
Attached: 3 days, slept in two nights

Being a rookie wanting to master this hair game, I've been an avid forum researcher. The Got2b discussion threads always seemed to end without anyone doing any real stress testing on the possibilities of it, so I decided to "lab rat" myself, since I unfortunately was laid off and have home time.
First, this stuff is an awesome training aid for rookies who are scared about the aspect of first time glue attachment - the mechanics of it. It's a punishment free way to learn how to distribute adhesive + amount of adhesive + the laying of a unit into adhesive. That being said, it's less dry time, more amount, and the aspect of bleed through is too punishment free.
- Attached Sunday am, spent almost all day in the sun with a light run with my two Cane Corsos in the early evening. Showered without getting unit wet
- Monday am awoke with the unit on rock solid. Run w/dogs in afternoon
- Monday evening = high intensity cardio ( heart rate kept in 165 BPM range for 20 minutes) + weights (90%, 80%, 75% of maximum for multiple sets with no rest in between sets for about an hour total duration)
- Shower, cool water on head only, warm water otherwise
- Tuesday am = hairline touch up
- Same evening workout, felt some weakness in the attachment after the cardio portion & also felt the drip down of the product on my forehead. Not having gone through this before, I kept my head up throughout the weights portion.
- I needed to run to the market after the gym & noticed that the attachment felt stronger as I dried off
- Showered & it came off immediately
- Able to simply hold the shower head and spray clean the unit from the lace side, shampooed head

Summary:
This stuff can likely give you 4 days+ if you're not doing any high intensity activities. I tainted my results a bit by wearing a baseball cap during Monday's workout, which I'm sure caused a bit of a premature acceleration of breakdown. I wore a dampened Wax Works wet look with allot of visible scalp & the lace disappeared into the Got2b.
This stuff would be a no-brainer for daily wearers & for 2 day wearers - if it can withstand being "oven'd" on my huge head under a ball cap while I'm running like an escaped slave, it'll last ya at ya desk! :mrgreen:
03-19-2009, 05:29 AM,
Re: Got2b Stress Test Results
I have been using got2b glue on my skin s ystem lately, The main problem I have with it is the very front edge. that part always seems to lift up. But the base itself seems pretty secure. i think maybe the problem is that my skin goes right up to the hairline edge so when i try to spike up my front hairs it tugs on the front edge more. or perhaps the glue sticks better on lace then skin. not sure
03-19-2009, 12:52 PM,
I'd be thrilled to get a solid 1 day hold wth no cleanup problems. But I can't get the spiking glue to hold down my hairline at all. How long do you wait before pressing the lace into the glue? How thick do you apply the glue? The spray works well for me, but it dries before I can get the entire full cap hairline down. Any other tips on the spiking glue would be greatly appreciated.
03-19-2009, 11:35 PM,
On day 3 with a mixture that I posted on another discussion on, a mix of G2BG products, am tugging on my hair with one hand, as I "peck the keys" with the other. Smile
IT IS ON THERE......S O L I D !!!

Dino...usually, I remove and clean everyday or 2 at the most, cause I'm working outdoors, usually, in this hot,
New Mexico sun ! ( not Arizona Dino :mrgreen: ).........and as you know Amigo, I wear all skin, which personally ......for me........is the best all around unit base.

Purposely leaving on for another day or 2.......just for a test run, .....the last 3 days have been over 80 degrees and I have been landscapping, which is strenous activity, and even worked up a sweat on me. as i'm not a sweat'er, if thats a word ??? Big Grin Broke out the rear window on my pick'um' camper shell,making a dump run, and worked on replacing it,
also out in the blazing sun........it's still on there pretty darn solid !!........under this skin base, which is hotter than any lace . Oh yeah.........also in the last 2 or 3 days or so, installed 6 skylights on a mobile home roof, with the NM sun, blazing down on that hot metal roof, must have been over a 100 * up there....

After this test period, of my G2BG , product mixture, I'm gonna try it on a skin unit that has a French Lace front. As I have never tried this forumla on lace, as I am strictly a skin wearer. But, got this unit for " chump change " and bought purposely to just try out the lace front with the G2BG mixture. May be in the next few days I will cut in this unit, try out the mixture hold, on lace, and report back if anyone is interested.

johnny/abq

ps.........As mentioned before........my initial adhesive is Davlyn , all around the perimeter and a few dabs in the center, but from there on, its the G2BG mixture:

Few drops of the Spiking Glue........
Few drops of the Rubber Cement
A few burst of the Freezing Spray
And this batch also added the Bed Head Spiking product, I had laying around.......ahh what the hell, live it up! :lol:
Stir it all up......apply with a finger or small brush that comes in some coloring products, or foam paint brush. On both unit base and head, let dry for a minute or so, and sometimes I add more Freezing Spray, over the mixture on both my head and unit base.......

Also at times, .........I dab a little more Davlyn on the base after a base rinse off.....just like TV cook Emirl, throws in a little of this .......a little of that hee hee........ :lol: , what the hell..........have fun with this hair wearing , don't stress over it............JEZEEEEEEE, I crack up over some of these posts on here........folks reallyyyyyyyyy stress out over a few ounces of hair !!! Big Grin .......cut it yourself, its just hair, style it, attach it, you will be surprised what ya can do .........if ya just don't let that few ounces of material , control ya fears !!!
Hell..........when I starting wearing over 40 yrs ago........there was no internet, no forums like this one to get help!..........ya went to your local barber shop and he did not even have a picture to show and tell........ya ordered and ya took it home with a roll of German Brown cloth tape !! And ya made it work !! :roll:
03-20-2009, 03:27 AM,
dino Wrote:Any other tips on the spiking glue would be greatly appreciated.

I had searched the forum before I tried & found out that, even though the spiking glue looks like a white glue, you don't follow the same application. First, you put on a thicker coat than you would a glue. Second, it needs to be wetter when you press in the lace than you would for a glue - the "dry-with-lace-attached-in-it" aspect is crucial.
03-20-2009, 05:44 AM,
Nice thread. I have another solution with a skin system that works well for me. I use the sunshine no residue tape for the base, and even for part of the front hairline. THe sides of the hairline where the temple flaps are. Then i use the cp white glue for the font center. just a thin coat. That glue seems to clean up very easily on skin. Just by rubbing it off with a cloth and some alcohol.
07-17-2009, 05:16 AM,
I am going to try the gotb glue but other people have told me to use the FX spiking glue with regards to cleanup and seepage and drying out the hair...any thoughts on this product. Cheers
07-17-2009, 07:10 AM,
Haven't tried it, but post up when you do. The G2b spiking glue says it's "water resistant" , so if that stuff is as well, it should work. Probably any of those extreme styling glues ( think a proper Sid Vicious mohawk) would do the trick.
07-17-2009, 07:51 AM,
Thanks for responding...I will try both...I know I can find the Got2b glue not sure I can find the FX spiking glue. Happy gluing Cheers
07-18-2009, 09:39 AM,
JohnnyCS1...
Did i read your response right? RUBBER CEMENT? Please tell me I need to get my eyes checked. Cheers