Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 years of wearing
09-25-2016, 07:57 PM,
10 years of wearing
Just realised it's coming up to 10 years of wearing.

When I first noticed the loss I grew my hair long to cover it. Got fed up and wanted a shorter easier and better looking style. I decided to take the plunge. Toplace weren't my first choice unfortunately, thankfully I found them.

I wear a hairline piece its very small. I cut it from a larger custom piece. Its around 3 inches across and half inch depth. This lowers my high hairline. I can get close to a NW0 hairline withought the piece but it takes time and a bit of toppik and I still have a high harline which I really dont like. Thankfully the rest of my hair is thick and wavy so I mix it into the piece and looks amazing. I could grab some hair and not know if it was my real hair or the piece.

I should also admit to taking med's. I never tried for years...but when I did i managed to grow some hair in my hairline that really surprised me. If I hadn't grew any I think I'd struggle to just use such a small piece.

I still think of having a transplant but never have. I think its all the travel and money plus not getting the results I want but having thick wavy donor hair and a relatively small area of coverage needed I doubt I'd get anything but a good result. I think because its such a small piece and the rest is mine I often dont even feel like its a piece at all. Maybe if a top HT Doc moved into my hometown I might have one lol. But for now Toplace give me the same results and it takes very little effort or cost.

Anyway I would just like to thank the regular posters on here and John for giving me my confidence back. I go to a lot more social events now that I would have shied away from in the past.

Thanks everyone.
09-27-2016, 03:27 AM,
RE: 10 years of wearing
Hi Davies,
Thanks for your post. It’s always so rewarding to read something like that. There are a lot of people that are afraid to ‘take the plunge’ and just suffer along with their hair loss. They can do something about it but it’s a transition that is tough for some people. Friends, relatives, and co-workers are the concern. Many customers make the transition to wearing hair when they’re off for vacation. Some grown a beard and come back wearing a hair system. But people haven’t seen them in a couple of weeks and may notice a change. Anyway the person looks more ‘natural’ with the hair system.
And you’re right about the transplants. I can count on one hand the number of people that have been happy with their transplant. Often times the hair just ‘doesn’t take’ to the the new location. And you still have to deal with the fact that the donor area is a limited amount of space.
Your post is in inspiration to others to do something about their hair loss. Thanks again.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com
09-28-2016, 02:08 PM,
Hi Davies75, congrats on making it to 10 years. I think it's about the same for me. You're lucky that you have been able to stick with the hairline partial - I started with a partial, but have had to move on to a full piece as my hair receded. What adhesive do you use for your partial, and how long do you get?
10-14-2016, 08:58 PM,
(09-28-2016, 02:08 PM)Baldrich Wrote: Hi Davies75, congrats on making it to 10 years. I think it's about the same for me. You're lucky that you have been able to stick with the hairline partial - I started with a partial, but have had to move on to a full piece as my hair receded. What adhesive do you use for your partial, and how long do you get?

Sorry for the delay.

I just use tape, I wear for a week but even then its rock solid. I tried glue when I first started but really didn't like it so I just stuck with the tape (excuse the pun).
10-14-2016, 08:59 PM,
(09-27-2016, 03:27 AM)ToplaceUSA Wrote: Hi Davies,
Thanks for your post. It’s always so rewarding to read something like that. There are a lot of people that are afraid to ‘take the plunge’ and just suffer along with their hair loss. They can do something about it but it’s a transition that is tough for some people. Friends, relatives, and co-workers are the concern. Many customers make the transition to wearing hair when they’re off for vacation. Some grown a beard and come back wearing a hair system. But people haven’t seen them in a couple of weeks and may notice a change. Anyway the person looks more ‘natural’ with the hair system.
And you’re right about the transplants. I can count on one hand the number of people that have been happy with their transplant. Often times the hair just ‘doesn’t take’ to the the new location. And you still have to deal with the fact that the donor area is a limited amount of space.
Your post is in inspiration to others to do something about their hair loss. Thanks again.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com

Thanks John, keep up the great work.
11-03-2016, 04:57 AM,
Great to hear from you bro!

For me, it's now 10 years wearing also. Almost 11. I can't believe it's been so long, but I'm really happier than ever with my hair systems from toplace. I'm attaching a few recent photos Smile

Attached Files Image(s)

11-03-2016, 12:56 PM,
Looking great Mr Burns! Because of the way your sides were receding I wondered if you would end up having to go for a full wig. Are you still getting away with a topper and temple flaps, plus your brush-forward trick at the temples?
11-04-2016, 01:48 AM,
(11-03-2016, 12:56 PM)Baldrich Wrote: Looking great Mr Burns! Because of the way your sides were receding I wondered if you would end up having to go for a full wig. Are you still getting away with a topper and temple flaps, plus your brush-forward trick at the temples?

Hey Baldrich! Thanks mate Smile

Yes, there was never any need for a full wig. About 6 or 7 years ago I thought my sides would keep thinning and that I would eventually need a full wig (at least by now). But then I started using temple flaps. I thought, in thoery, that temple flaps would be a pain in the ass and would be ackward to glue down and maintain. But actually, it's really easy and they are never a problem. It also helps fill in the area around the temples and at the sides - so even those with thinning sides will be able to cover it.

Now, for those who want ultra short hair... perhaps none of the above applies unfortunately. But I'm happy to leave mine a little longer, which makes life a lot easier in many ways.

Here are some more recent pics showing my new beard Smile

Attached Files Image(s)