Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elton John Live - a report!
06-12-2009, 05:48 AM,
Elton John Live - a report!
My sister had a spare ticket for Elton John and none of her friends could go, so I went along. What a great chance to check out that system up close and personal, and from every angle!

There has been a lot of debate about his pieces on this forum in the past, but after seeing him live I can confirm that it's a full cap! The piece looked amazing on the night, and was styled very well indeed. In the past, I didn't think he used full caps. But the latest piece is definitey a full cap, with his own sideburns.

As we know from photos of him online, his hairline is always fantastic and this gig was no exception. His stylist knows how to do a really cool and stylish cut in. The piece made him look much younger than his 62 years.. and that's saying a lot, because this guy is quite overweight, so the piece and his current style obviously does a lot for his overall look. It was gelled with a slight combdown at the front and a bit of a subtle mowhawk down the back. An area of interest was the nape of the neck. If I was to point out the weakest point of this virtually flawless attachment and style, it would certainly be the nape of the neck. The stylist didn't "run it in" to the neck, rather there was a slight "overhang", and it looked like his hair was left slightly long, and jutting out a little bit along the nape. So it wasn't cut short at the bottom and graduated. I think he can get away with this, because a lot of peope are leaving hair at the nape a little bit longer now, especially with the new mowhawk styles. And though nobody would ever notice anything strange, I personally thought the hair at the nape wasn't behaving itself like natural hair would, and it was hanging out just a small bit too much.

Apart from that though, he over all has a very good style and gets a 9/10 from this reviewer!

By the way, the gig was very enjoyable and he's a great performer. Played all the old classics, and never took a break for 2 hours!

His old system looked like this:
[Image: elton_john.jpg]

His new system, which he had at the gig in ireland, was like this:
[Image: Elton%20John%20big.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Elton John Live - a report! - Mr.Burns - 06-12-2009, 05:48 AM
Re: Elton John Live - a report! - danger!!89 - 06-12-2009, 05:57 AM
Re: Elton John Live - a report! - klifford - 06-12-2009, 06:50 AM
Re: Elton John Live - a report! - JRob - 06-12-2009, 07:14 AM
Re: Elton John Live - a report! - kite_boy - 06-12-2009, 11:34 AM
Re: Elton John Live - a report! - danger!!89 - 06-12-2009, 12:28 PM
Re: Elton John Live - a report! - Mr.Burns - 06-12-2009, 09:50 PM