Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oily skin please help!
01-18-2019, 11:10 AM,
Oily skin please help!
I have been wearing for over a year now and still have not found a "good" bond. I have tried many different glues and tapes and still have not found a good bond. My skin seems to eat through anything I put on it. I have tried a couple different scalp protectors but they either don't make any difference or make it worse! I've always had oily skin but I never thought it was that bad. the only way I can describe it is that my skin just eats through everything and destroys it.

Right now I'm using ghost bond xl in the front and Stick-it tape around the perimeter on a swiss lace base. I do an exposes hairline. Its the best I've found so far but still far from good. My bond still feels very weak and only lasts about 6-7 days. After 1 or 2 days I could easily pull the unit up with minimal effort and after a few more days I get this gooey, oily, broke down glue along the front of the hairline that lifts easily. I've tried almost every ghost bond and XL seems to work the best. I tried walker ultra hold and davlyn green and they were both a joke, lasted about 3 days. The stick-it tape holds up ok in that weeks time but does not give me a very secure hold and will not go past about 8-9 days even with redoing the hairline. I've tried walker scalp protector and it doesn't seem to make a difference. I get about the same hold as just prepping the skin with alcohol. I tried No Sweat and that made the bond worse and created an oil explosion on my head! I also don't use any citrus cleaners.

Please if anyone has any experience with this please help me! Any advice is appreciated. It is EXTREMELY frustrating. I would just quit if I wasn't so ugly bald and only 23! I never thought it was going to be this hard. I don't mind the idea of wearing hair and it does look really good, but I can't keep doing this. If I could get a glue that would be secure and not lift for one week, and a tape that would give a good hold for 2 weeks and not be a nightmare to clean I would be happy. I want to ride roller coasters again but I'm too scared. I would honestly probably just go to a daily bond but that is not possible with my work and life.

I'm also curious about a different base material. I wonder if I would get a better bond with a skin unit vs lace, and how that might affect things?

Messages In This Thread
Oily skin please help! - BreakingBald - 01-18-2019, 11:10 AM
RE: Oily skin please help! - ToplaceUSA - 01-21-2019, 10:25 AM
RE: Oily skin please help! - melblad - 05-15-2019, 05:13 AM