Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help! Stylist shaved off too much of my own hair
03-19-2017, 12:19 PM,
RE: Need help! Stylist shaved off too much of my own hair
Hi New,
Getting started on the right foot with hair wearing is important. And so is overcoming these issues. If the unit was cut too short there’s nothing you can do about it--sorry. But as your own hair grows out it can change the look of the ‘do.’ It should have little effect on the look and feel of the hair. If there was an excessive amount of hair cut off that would be different. But since it’s only a small amount it’s not a big deal. And yes, you can move into a poly based unit and achieve the same look, texture and style. There are many variables that affect the lifespan of a unit--lifestyle, body chemistry, frequentcy of washing, water hardness, etc. But the normal life span is about 3-4 months. Some people get a year but they must really ‘baby’ their hair system. I’m not sure why the unit lost hair after the refit. Don’t know what shampoo the stylist used and how she washed it. Often times if a rinse out conditioner is used it’s great for making the hair shiny. However, the conditioner contains a lot of oil that also causes the knots to losen up and therefore cause shedding. If you need a conditioner I suggest a spray-on leave in conditioner--not a rinse out conditioner. That way the knots aren’t affected. You should not have to change your style each time the unit is refitted. Just make sure that you adjust the base size for any gaps between the system and your own hair.
Regards,
John

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need help! Stylist shaved off too much of my own hair - ToplaceUSA - 03-19-2017, 12:19 PM