Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attachment (beginner/pic), what should I use?
09-20-2016, 04:47 AM,
Attachment (beginner/pic), what should I use?
Hey everyone. I have a stock unit (not toplace) and I'm trying to transition into the DIY life with toplace but I need to get good at attachment first.

I've been attaching with Got2B Glued the past few days, but it only stays attached for one day and I'm pretty sure the gel is giving me headaches. Not totally sure, but I didn't get headaches with the bond the salon was using and only started getting them after bonding myself with the hair gel.

My system is poly back and sides with a lace front. I apply the gel on my head and wait for it to become tacky. It holds well for about 8 hours and then by night time turns to liquid again and I can just pull it right off.

I obviously need something better but I really don't want anything like what the salon used. Whatever they used, with the intent of bonding for 4 weeks, wouldn't come off on a mirror slide and was so thick on the inside of the system that only 99.9% alcohol could remove it - even that took over an hour to get it all off with.

So, can you all recommend something that's not super messy or hard to clean up, but will bond for at least a week or so? I'm open to tapes as well as glues. I do like hair gel for the fact that it allows me to push the system around for the first few minutes as I usually get it a little too far forward or too far backward.

All advice is appreciated. I'll attach a photo of my attachment so you can see the look in going for. Also, make sure you tell me where to buy what you recommend cause I have no idea other than the online store at toplace. Thanks!

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Attachment (beginner/pic), what should I use? - YoungLace - 09-20-2016, 04:47 AM