Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help/advice with first system(pics included)
05-23-2016, 01:59 PM,
help/advice with first system(pics included)
Hello, I have been loosing my hair at a small rate since I was around 24 and I'm now 35 and feel it's time to move beyond concealers and other methods of covering up the thinning hair. I have included some pics to show the extent of my hair loss. I can still get away with wearing a "bedhead" style messy hair cut and fibers, but at this point i am ready to move on. I still have pretty thick sides and back and the area down the middle on my crown that is thinning is fairly narrow and I think I can keep a good amount of my own hair. Mainly the hairline is shot and some of the temples are fading back. I have no problem with buzzing down or shaving the middle and crown area and front section in order to give my system the best possible hold. I have really been reading over these forums a lot over the past 2 weeks and think I have gotten a pretty good idea of all the supplies I will need. I would like some advice on making a template which I will be doing shortly. Also I am very torn between a full swiss lace and the TL700. Thin skin sounds appealing because of ease of bonding and cleaning, but people have complained that based on the ways the hairs are installed into the thin skin it makes certain hair styles more difficult to accomplish. Swiss lace seems like the most beloved system on the forum and with proper care and attention to detail provides a very realistic look and feel. I'm moderately active and work out maybe 3 or 4 times a week but only for 20 minute periods and generally don't sweat that much. Ideally I would only like to have to fully re-bond every 5 days or so while also doing hairline touch ups to maintain the best look and hold possible. I have found a lady in my area that does cut-ins and has lots of experience with mens hair systems in general. Other areas I would be seeking advice in are the level of density/duration and creating a hairline itself. I do not want to go with a really low hairline and I want my density to be more realistic and not have the "wall of hair" look. So I am fully aware I will be ordering a custom piece. I will send in a sample of my own hair as well and do my best with the template and i'm hoping those things will contribute to very nice and realistic piece. The hair style I will probably be going with will be shorter on the sides and longer on the top and slightly messy with my just some exposed hairline but not at all times(have included a pic)is this style achievable ? Everyone on this forum appears to be very helpful and I just wanna say I really appreciate any help I get on my transition in to the world of wearing hair.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
help/advice with first system(pics included) - potenialhair - 05-23-2016, 01:59 PM