Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommendations for shampoo and conditioner for lace systems to not shed
04-10-2016, 04:35 AM,
RE: Recommendations for shampoo and conditioner for lace systems to not shed
(04-06-2016, 02:23 PM)ToplaceUSA Wrote: Argan oil is good stuff. It's 'light' and doesn't weigh the hair down. Also, itching can be the result of leaving the unit on too long and not washing the scalp. I know that Hair Club does what's called a 'hard bond.' It is tape and a super strong glue combined and it lasts about 6 weeks. This allows 'crud' to build up on the scalp and cause itching. To counteract the itching Hair Club sells you a product called 'Alive' to apply through the mesh while the unit is on your head. The 'Alive' is an enzyme that dissolves the crud--not a good substitute for removing the unit and washing your scalp.
Regards,
John

Hi John,

I can confirm that hard bonding is really itchy after a while. Additionally, hard bonds go from viscous liquid when it is attached to crystalized plastic. So if you have the urge to itch and can't help but dig into your head for a scratch, you will be pushing the now-hard plastic into your scalp. The jagged edges will/can cut your scalp up.

For the moment, I see my stylist every 3 weeks. I refused to do his hardbond again, so instead we have been using Ultra glue on the back and sides poly and tape at the front. I switch the tape out myself every 7 days approximately and the back and sides are left untouched for the entire 3 weeks. It's not ideal, but I'm working my way to a better technique with time and practice. I wear my hair down, sort of like the "caesar" look because bonding perfectly to expose your hairline is a big hassle. Also, I dont think my thin sides could ever support a thick exposed hairline of a hairsystem.

Regards,
EarlyTwenties

Messages In This Thread
RE: Recommendations for shampoo and conditioner for lace systems to not shed - EarlyTwenties - 04-10-2016, 04:35 AM