Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would like some input on photos
02-27-2016, 01:00 AM,
RE: Would like some input on photos
(02-02-2016, 06:17 AM)kmay3891 Wrote: Davies,

Yes I brush my hair forward - almost like the old justin bieber style parted to the right. So it hides the recession well enough right now. The problem is that its getting worse and even the thicker part of my head is starting to miniaturize. So i will need something soon. I am going to go with thin skin, but dont know if I should try making a partial template or getting a stock piece and cutting my partial from it.

I seem to change my mind everyday. A topper isnt needed right now, but both the crown is thinning and hairline receding. So I would need a piece for the crown and one for hairline. Thats why I think it may be best to buy a topper and cut my pieces from it.

The whole process just seems very daunting right now. Some days I think its the answer, others I just can't see how it will possibly work for me. I work out a lot, and wear hats a lot. I don't know how well a piece will hold up for me in summertime while working out. Im not very artistic so I dont know how well ill do with the template making or how well ill make a hairline if I cut my own piece from stock. Im a student in school, live on my own, and work long hours for crap money so I dont have a lot to throw away on stock pieces or bonding agents that may not work. And the only few studios around me that do cut ins and specialize in pieces have quoted me in the thousands for a piece and all over $100 for cut ins that they may screw up. I also read that color match is very hard when buying stock so i may have to return a couple before it matches mine. Idk..Im kind of lost right now with this. Spending like $300 on a thin skin topper with a chance of ruining it with my cut in or trimming out my pieces is kind of freaking me out.

I understand your concerns, we all went through it.

I know what I would do in your situation. I'd send a colour sample to toplace get them to do you a piece you can cut out pieces to fill in the recession you have. I used to do that and it was easy, if you brush a little of your forlock to the side and mix the recession piece in it looks flawless and will take a couple of minutes to do.

This however doesn't solve the thinning on the crown, but growing your hair out, perhaps a little thickening spray or concealer could thicken that up.

It might sound like a lot of work but it really isnt and the results restore confidence.

If you dont do something then you'll keep feeling confused.

Messages In This Thread
Would like some input on photos - kmay3891 - 12-10-2015, 10:24 AM
RE: Would like some input on photos - davies75 - 02-27-2016, 01:00 AM